What is your favorite backpacking pillow?

Steven.Elmore

Lil-Rokslider
1. I use a regular size my pillow. It compresses down really well in a stuff sack.

2. Back and side

3. Because it's the same one I sleep on at home.

I’ve tried a lot of different pillows and always end up using my pack. Pillows can never keep my head high enough and always end with me having neck pains in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
My pillow brand makes a travel pillow. I love it enough to even use at home. It is a real pillow. Not some inflatable non sense. A little heavier than a "backpacking" pillow bur I prioritize good sleep.

MyPillow Roll & GoAnywhere [Frosted Gray] https://a.co/d/f8g3erp

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

vladkgb

FNG
Thermarest Airhead, inflatable with down top. Have to get the air pressure just right, i usually sleep on my stomach. Klymit drift for base camp.

Harvey_NW

WKR

Poser

WKR
I usually just throw down a jacket and bundle up my SG puffies and call it a night.

I was able to sleep like that in my 20s and into my 30s, but I have gotten a lot more particular in my 40s. I also append 50-60+ nights a year in a sleeping bag these days so “toughing it out” is less of an option. I once went bear hunting with a guy who didn’t even use a pad -he just took a bunch of IB Proffen before bed.

Drenalin

WKR
I’m a side sleeper with pretty broad shoulders, normally a two pillow guy at home. I gave up on these so called backpacking pillows and use my pack and clothes stacked as high as I can get them. I also take an otc sleeping pill so I’m awake/adjusting less through the night.

When weight matters: Sea to Summit Aeros Ultralight Pillow - 3oz
When it doesn’t matter as much: My Pillow “Travel Version”.
Definitely sleep better on the My Pillow, but the ultralight isn’t too bad for an inflatable and at 1/2 pound lighter, sure matters when adding up the ounces. The S2S is the only inflatable pillow I’ve found that I can sleep on while being a side sleeper.

BDRam16

WKR
I use this one as well. Not bad. Gotta run it slightly deflated. I like putting my puffy in the cover above the bladder and then filling it up and it’s way more comfy like that. Wish I had time to get one of these goose gear covers before the season but I had never heard of them before this thread.

- cheap/lightweight inflatable pillow from
Amazon
- typically side sleeper or back
- I used to do the “shove extra clothes in my sleeping bag stuff sack and call it good”. A dedicated pillow is 100% worth the weight.

Do not compromise on a good night sleep in the backcountry.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Roksliders, consider the Triple S Pillow we make at LS Wild. I use it as a pad for Sitting while glassing and Sleeping as a pillow and Shooting as a support bag (the Triple “S”). It’s Cordura with rubberized nylon bottom. The filling is ultralight and comfortable, not like the polystyrene in the old bean bags and other ultralight bags.

At night, I slip my neck gator over it, but a shirt, fleece, or other works nicely. The pics are in my green tent in Alaska this year. I also sat on it while glassing for the 7 days out there. No farting or it makes it a bad pillow, hahaha. I have used mine for a couple years now.

It’s 7 ounces. Guaranteed for life.

Here’s a link to a new review on it. Give it a try, and if you don’t like it we’ll refund 100% cause we are 99% confident you’ll love it. Not everyone will love it, but that’s probably not you.

Thanks

Thread 'LS Wild Triple S Pillow'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/ls-wild-triple-s-pillow.328120/

D9B2B32A-8CEE-4DB9-99EF-C0B707AC96FE.jpegC1CCB355-68AE-4DF6-B87F-F54CBDDF8F6A.jpeg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thermarest Airhead, inflatable with down top. Have to get the air pressure just right, i usually sleep on my stomach. Klymit drift for base camp.
That’s the one I have, I’ve only had about 10 nights on it so far but I can say it’s definetly better than the limit pillow I used for the past few years.

Maverick1

WKR
I have tried self inflating, air chamber and hybrid pillows. Some are better than others. I can be a wrestlers sleeper and sleep on my back/side/belly all in 1 night.

Please list this info in your post:
1 What is your favorite pillow?
2 What is your sleeping position ?
3 Why is that pillow better than the others you tried?
I just use the lid of my backpack and stuff extra clothes inside of it. My current "pillow" setup is the Kifaru guide lid, with a zip up hoodie stuffed inside of it. If I want my "pillow" to be thicker or firmer, I put my extra socks and underwear inside the guide lid. Easy. At the end of the day I just remove the lid from the pack, and set it on the ground. The zip up hoodie is the last thing I take off in the evening before climbing into the sleeping bag, and the first thing I put on in the morning when I wake up. I keep it in the top of my pack during the day. Works really well, and no extra pillow or weight to carry around the mountains. I've tried a bunch of the camping pillows and just thought "why bother"?

RCB

WKR
I have probably a 15-year old cheap synthetic pillow that collapses slightly. It’s heavy and bulky, relatively speaking (though ultimately it’s still probably a quarter pound at most?), but it’s comfortable and worth the bulk. I tried an inflatable pillow. It’s unnatural, slides around. Not worth it.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using this outdoor vitals inflatable for about 3 years now and it's quite nice I'm a restless sleeper as well and I've found this to work well for me in my mummybag sleep system my bedroll for when I take the horses out in the hammock as well as on planes and such. Very very light weight packs down extremely small and very rugged so far.

Attachments

• 20231001_104841.jpg
    20231001_104841.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231001_104734.jpg
    20231001_104734.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 11