What is wrong with this release?

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I'd bet there's a travel screw adjustment that moved.

Usually if you get them too tight they won't latch.
Before I jumped on here I tried messing with the tension screw that is just in front of the thumb button. Backing it out didn’t do anything but when I sunk it all the way down it would lock. However, then the trigger wouldn’t trip.

Before I jumped on here I tried messing with the tension screw that is just in front of the thumb button. Backing it out didn’t do anything but when I sunk it all the way down it would lock. However, then the trigger wouldn’t trip.

I'm uncertain if that's a tension or a thumb button?

Could be a broken spring under the set screw binding everything up, but it's doubtful.

If it's a thumb, there should be another set screw on the lever the thumb peg mounts. I can't see it in the video.

The screw in the body should be setting tension, screw in the thumb button lever should set travel. It's possible the thumb screw backed out, or fell out. Adjusting the tension won't fix it if the travel is way jacked up.

Hagen

FNG
They did a generation of those with only one adjustment screw and they had issues. Not sure if yours has one or two? Mine would fire at about when you got to full draw. Sent it back and they put other adjustment on it.

Know its a different issue but may have same cause. No problems with it since.

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
It is a thumb. I can only remember one adjustment screw on it but I suffer from CRS. I’m at work right now and don’t have it with me but I’ll look at it when I get home.
Thanks for all the reply’s so far.

It is a thumb. I can only remember one adjustment screw on it but I suffer from CRS. I’m at work right now and don’t have it with me but I’ll look at it when I get home.
Thanks for all the reply’s so far.

I'm not very familiar with those releases, I'm going off of some that are similar, so I could be feeding you bad info, but I'd check the set screws.

News to me of a release that style with a single set, but very well could be.

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
There's a travel screw and a tension screw, if the travel screw is wound to far in(I believe) it will not lock closed. I'll try and dig up the sheet mine came with.

Edit: mine has a travel screw for the trigger. Can't see it in your video should be on the other side of the tab the thumb barrel is attached to.