What hard and/or soft case do you use?

Have my first bow in years on the way, and need to get a case for airline travel and otherwise.

Which hard AND soft cases do you store your bows in and why do you like/dislike each one?

Craig4791

WKR
I have the SKB parallel limb case. Good durable case for the money. I have flown with it several times and never had an issue.

I always lock it and I have never had TSA unlock it to check it out.

Typically I use an OPI soft case but I just had an SKB sent my way because I have dealt with TSA too many times in college traveling and internationally. Needed a hard case for SOME occassions

Brad W

FNG
I use a Badlands Terraglide for my commercial airline flights. Hoyt Carbon Element fits in it just right, but it's too small for a 35" a to a. With baggage restrictions and charges I like to be able to put as much stuff in each bag as I can.

Solitude

WKR
SKB when I fly. Pack the bow in it with other stuff around it to hit the weight limit. Then my pack and I am good to go with just two main pieces of luggage on outbound flights.

For the day to day at the range, a simple soft case is nice as I can leave my quiver and sight installed and it weighs quite a bit less and is smaller.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skb for air travel. Last year on my brother in laws flight into salt lake delta punched a fist size hole in his bow case. One call later to Skb they ups a new case and insured it would arrive before his flight home left. They were also very concerned about his bow which was luckily fine. Can't say enough about their customer service

OP
Racethesunset
I use a Badlands Terraglide for my commercial airline flights. Hoyt Carbon Element fits in it just right, but it's too small for a 35" a to a. With baggage restrictions and charges I like to be able to put as much stuff in each bag as I can.

Anyone else have experience with the Terraglide?

I understand the benefits of the SKB route but the Badlands case looks to be an improvement, assuming it has a protective shell under that soft shell.

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
I have the SKB hunter for a hard case and the redhead 2.0 soft case. The redhead is for when I go shoot at my buddies cause it holds both my bows. They also make a single bow model. Great case for the money. Lots of pockets. The SKB is only when traveling.

OP
Racethesunset
For soft case and general travel, I'm leaning towards the Badlands Terraglide case, but there are a few other options that are similar (non-hunting options).

For hard case, I have a few year old gift card and was able to burn it on a waterproof, shockproof Cabela's Xtreme Armor case (the mil-spec takedown-shotgun model), and it fits the Carbon Element G3, arrows, release, and tools well.

I wanted to go the SKB route, but could not pass the Armor Extreme up at $109 - this thing is beast and less than half of the price of competitors.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would test fit your bow before you get the terra glide also you know there is no padding in the lower compartment. You will still proably need a soft case so you don't have to take your luggage when your just heading to the range.