What food changes are you making?

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
What, if any, changes are you making for your daily food that you take for the day? I used to rely heavily on bars/waffles and overall sweet food. This year I am going to switch over to more “real” food and try to do more savory. I made some pemmican to replace the bars. I’ll be taking tuna packets with single serve olive oil packets to mix in. Fruit snacks and fun size candy bars will always be in my pack. Probably make some pepperoni rolls or have peanut butter/honey tortilla for lunch. Almonds.
Sweet snacks just get old for me after a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drenalin

WKR
I’m trying some of the paleo and keto meals, hoping to reduce the obnoxious gasses freeze dried food seems to cause.

OP
W

WYO_ATL

Lil-Rokslider
I’m trying some of the paleo and keto meals, hoping to reduce the obnoxious gasses freeze dried food seems to cause.

Luckily I only day trip from my truck each day, so I don’t need to rely on freeze dried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I believe the change to your daily food accordingly is very healthy. Good for your health, really. Tuna with olive oil is also my favorite, and I also use salad to go with it. Besides, you can also use salmon, it's also delicious.

I am changing with detox water recipes. It is an effective detoxifier and diuretic. Take a few slices of fruit, and leave it in the fridge for 3-4 hours, it's both delicious and cool and refreshing.

Total lack of context says this guy is a scammer.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I never did the bars/waffles/extreme sweet stuff, don't care for the taste and can't stomach all the sugar. I've been doing tuna/chicken foil packets and love them. Cured meats and triscuits are always a nice lunch too. I do add some of the kiddie fruit snacks tho-they make a great treat.

This year I made my own dehydrated food, really for quality of ingredients and not as much to save money or weight. I will be eating my test meal in the next few days to make sure they come out ok!

WKR
I used to make all my own meals. This year I've decided to take the easy way out and just buy some freeze dried dinners to avoid a lot of the prep work.

Going to things I actually like and done buying over priced stuff.

I will never eat another pro bar as long as I live lol. Used to buy bulk packs every year and dreaded eating them.

Also done buying over priced freeze dry dinners. One Ramen pack and two tuna packs in a quart zip lock. Same calories for 1/4 the cost.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Going to make some dehydrated fruit and fruit leathers so I'm not living off straight junk food for days. I'll play around with some fruit leather ideas to get some veggies in there too.

Also going to bring less food. I packed in 3800cals per day at 1.8lb, and usually had 4-600 cals uneaten. I'll shoot for 1.5lb per day and see what kind of food I can work in there.

I did pack some more salty stuff this year, pepperoni and salty trail mix, and it worked well, it's too easy to overload on sweet stuff.

I'll also try more homemade meals. I brought ramen with a Thai type peanut sauce with cashews and sesame seeds for a few dinners, and it was delicious, for probably a tenth the cost of a peak refuel. I still love the peak meals, but will keep them to less than half my dinners.

I planned on an overnight oatmeal for a few breakfasts and never did it. Too lazy to prep before hanging up the food bag, or never feel like getting up early enough to eat a sit down breakfast. I'll try doing shakes, or just stick with bars or trail mixes for easy breakfasts.

No more freeze dried eggs. That's a great way to blow out a canyon (pun intended) with the worst smelling farts I've ever had.

S.Clancy

WKR
I have to step away from some freeze dried meals, they have been absolutely crushing my guts recently. I also cycle through other stuff frequently so I don't get sick of some items. Except Snickers, I love Snickers.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
trying not to eat MTN House every dinner. Since we lost Off-Grid, it's been harder. I like MH, but too many days in a row and i don't.

Mixing up with Peak Refuel, Good ol' Velvetta M&C (yes, it takes more fuel but I'm good with al-dente) and did a Tuna Helper (same al dente to save fuel). I'd throw Heather's Choice in but just haven't made time to order.

anything but 5-7 days straight of MH

sndmn11

WKR
trying not to eat MTN House every dinner. Since we lost Off-Grid, it's been harder. I like MH, but too many days in a row and i don't.

Mixing up with Peak Refuel, Good ol' Velvetta M&C (yes, it takes more fuel but I'm good with al-dente) and did a Tuna Helper (same al dente to save fuel). I'd throw Heather's Choice in but just haven't made time to order.

anything but 5-7 days straight of MH

Gastro Gnome, absolutely legit and one of the best meals I have had even compares to restaurants. Some Peak meals to supplement.