What Emergencies Have You Had Before Season Start?

rideold

WKR
Last fall my son broke his foot a few weeks before second rifle....doc put him in a walking boot and said don't walk more than 100 yards.....yea well, he brought home a nice buck the third day of the season. He work a really stiff hiking boot and took it easy. It might have delayed his healing by a few weeks but it was worth it! I carried the bulk of the weight and we made it work.

rideold

WKR
The other last minute crisis I had was some dirtbag stole the catalytic converters out of my truck two mornings before departure. I got really lucky and found a muffler shop that could put in new ones the next day. I picked it up at 5 PM the night before I left town. Whew! Thankfully insurance picked up the bill.

intunegp

WKR
My grandfather was solo road-tripping out for an elk hunt. He had been making the drive for ~15 years prior and though the family didn't like it no one was going to stop him.

He made it almost to Nashville from west-central Georgia when he was t-boned by someone running a red light. Gramps was fine, the Nissan Frontier was totaled. Went to the nearest dealership, paid cash for a brand new Chevy, got his gear loaded and was back on the road. Didn't make it out of Tennessee before he was side-swiped in an intersection pulling away from a double left turn lane. The lady says he swung it wide, he says she cut it too sharp...the world may never know. Anyway that wasn't much more than a racing stripe and he made it to town a day behind schedule.