What does everyone do for a living?

Redmist

FNG
I'm actually thinking about doing a bridge from paramedic to BSN at Texas A&M Corpus Christi, any regrets or advice?

I did the ADN bridge and finished the BSN after that. Not one! I loved my time of the fire engine but got real tired of the ambulance after 5 years, I worked as a paramedic in the ER and loved the hospital more.

No real advice, just keep in mind the mindset of a RN is a lot different than that of a paramedic. The nursing process was harder to get for me because I didn't ask a MD for much at all.

Redmist is right. The mindset is completely bass ackwards to the way we think as paramedics. Every buddy I've had that's made the transition has mentioned it. They've all said you need to completely rethink you're treatment process.

molon labe

medic man

FNG
Fed Fire firefighter/medic for the Marine Corps... No one else in the department bow hunts, but I fear the sharks are circling! I love being able to take off to go hunting... Should be able to pull 3-5 weeks this year!

Sheriff Security Officer and full-time student at a CSU. Working towards a Deputy position after I get my degree.

Retired in August from the Army but started working for the US forest service at the end of May. I work in SW Colorado, doing trail maintenance and initial attack for wildland fire fighting. It's a seasonal job that runs May-October. Works perfect for being able to scout and hunt.

CDNPO

FNG
Parole Officer. I supervise Federal Offenders once they are released to the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kicker338

WKR
Geez I wish I could have a 5-9 job like most of you. I work 7 days a week and only get paid once a month!!!!!!!!
Retired last January as a truck and trailer mach. for URM stores in Spokane Wa. one of the largest coops in Wa.

Muttly

WKR
Long haul truck driver on an island in SE Alaska..
Believe we have roughly 31 miles of road here. Ran all kinds of rigs on all kinds of roads, Alaska, Yukon, BC, Washington, little two year stint in Nor Cal running transfer, may even have personal knowledge of the actual overhead height of a certain overpass near Eklutna..
Settled down, got domesticated, trucks have gotten smaller and smaller. These days, mostly running a fuel truck, get to spend a lot of time with my wife, hang out with grandkids a bit, and just generally try to make the transition from young buck to old fart.
And I still do my own stunts!!..