What do you want from your woman?

Jcvr

FNG
I don't know your dynamics and what kind of relationship you guys have, but for me and my wife when we want do away with the pressure of getting/giving each other gifts for an occasion we opt for an experience together.

Experiences are always better than gifts or a card or cake, imo.

Pick six places/concerts/activities you guys want to do, number them and literally roll the dice to chose where/what you're doing.

Thats how we decided on where to go for our honeymoon.
This! My GF and I have a similar thing going on. Works great IMO and definitely helps take the stress out of trying to figure out a gift.

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
It really depends on the people, but I love the unexpected and/or out of the ordinary, I know what I want for hunting gear and like most here am ultra-picky.

There are things I wouldn’t buy myself. I’m too damn cheap.

Nostalgia is a great place to lean. It may not get used much, but a Nintendo NES would take me right back to Christmas as a kid.

Gifts can be irresponsible!

Mojave

WKR

If you have 20-40 high quality knives, you're doing pretty darn good.

I don't actually know how many I have. My new guys is a Tim Olt from Michigan. Looking at this photo, he built 4 or 5 of these. I have another 5 or 6 of his knives. Red handles, and blue handles in the photos.

He is pretty good value. I have other custom knife makers that are twice the price.

For those interested in History. The big double guard knife is the Gil Hibben knife designed with Elmer Keith, the one below it is a knife that Guns and Ammo or Outdoor Life sent to everyone in the 1970's it is also designed by Keith.

Bone and antler knife on the bottom center of the first photo I built.

The big "smash-et" huge knife, is one i have injured myself with in chopping competitinos. Great design for something but not chopping.

The black micarta knife between the two red handled knives is from Anza, it is a Craig Boddington designed knife built out of a file. Good knife.

After all these custom knives I have gone to a knife like the top one with the red handle. This is a Bob Loveless designed hunter, and I have 5-6 of those. I even have one that came from the Loveless shop. I also have a few loveless bully skinners.

Attachments

• WKRH3204.JPG
    WKRH3204.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    632.4 KB · Views: 33

tony

WKR
I would love for my GF to just to be quiet and leave me alone for a few hours a day :p
Cost is zero, she just can't do it.

BFR

WKR
OP, I can’t give you any advice on what to get but I will say that from your posts I’d say he has everything. That’s how I feel about my wife of 56 years, we’ve put up with each other’s foibles, and let me tell you I have a lot.
Congrats on a job well done.

Nothing . Absolutely nothing. If I want something - I will get it. Trying to guess what somebody wants is miserable and futile exercise. Over the years I have bought my wife things she wanted at the time only to take them to the dump a few years later. When I throw out things she bought I don't care. I would rather avoid the whole situation - on either side.

Gift card or the new Garmin Xero C1 Pro Chronograph (if he does not have one already).

I’ll second the Garmin Xero Pro. I purchased it for myself and it’s an amazing product that makes using a chrono quick and easy unlike all other options I’m aware of. I’ve probably chronographed more shots in the two months of having it than I did total between my pact and my magnetospeed because I never wanted to take the time to set them up.
If the OP’s husband is an avid shooter/reloader I honestly believe he’d appreciate it as a gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A gift card is the last thing I want from my wife. Why give me permission to spend my own money? A chartered fishing trip where I can chillax and do nothing but fish. Afterward, a nice dinner, followed by a JB.

Orrrrrr, get him nothing, tell him you forgot about the anniversary and then make a big deal about how great whatever he gets you is.

Yesterday was our 21st.

My wife got me a nice 6" bench vice. I have a very well equipped shop, but no vice.

I thought it was a great gift.

Like most financially stable couples, we both buy what we need, and for the most part what we want.

EdP

WKR
This thread has shown that there are a bunch of folks on here with some pretty sad relationship issues. My life is not perfect, probably no ones is, but I find the troubles expressed by some to be somewhat depressing.

Vern400

WKR
With all these ideas you're just going to have to pick the one that's the right level of crazy for you. I made my daughter a present, and gave her a note with the GPS coordinates where it was hidden. That was kinda fun. I had built a 12 ft tall camp teepee in the woods that she could take a friend and go camping in on our farm.