What Beany are you using

I used to have a favorite UA beany that somebody took at work. Thinking of getting a new one for this year. Whats everybody using?

Craig4791

WKR
I really like my KUIU merino beanie with neck gaitor. Real light weight and provides plenty of warmth. I can take them off when I get too hot and put one in each pocket and I won't even know they are there.

littlebuf

Banned
ive been wearing the sitka accent beanie for years. when i see one for sale in MM i buy it. im down to just one now and there hard to find, defanantly my favorite. i also got a freebie from kifaru when i ordered my pack (never hurts to ask guys) and thats a pretty nice wool one.i sleep in it backpacking.

Ozz08

WKR
First lite brimmed beanie and sometimes I pack a sitka merino beanie to sleep in(some people get cold feet in their bag, I get a cold head)

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the KUIU merino beanie as well.....it breathes extremely well and is warmer than you would expect with the light material.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Love my Sitka Merino Beanie. More versitile than my original. I find I use it early season and as one more layer in the cold.

Lukem

WKR
I have two of the older Sitka beanies, can't remember what version they are. It was the first insulated on that came out in Optifade. I have one in solid as well. I lost the Optifade one on my last elk hunt and climbed the 2 miles and 1200' back up and looked for over an hour to find it. I really like it.

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
Smartwool merino

+1 for everyday use.

Sitka Traverse beanie come hunting time.

Used to have a mountain hardwear beanie that I liked a lot until it made its way to the dryer. Now it fits my toddler...barely.

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Most of the beanies I've tried from Kuiu and Sitka don't completely cover my ears, so I like ones from Mountain Hardwear and OR that are windproof.

Most of the beanies I've tried from Kuiu and Sitka don't completely cover my ears, so I like ones from Mountain Hardwear and OR that are windproof.

X2. And my C4E element beanie is not very tight fitting... I wear a size 7 hat and in 20+mph wind I feel like it'll fly off.

Mike

I have Kuiu Merino/Guide beanies that I carry along with my favorite beanie... Drake Waterfowl. It covers my ears, and is super warm. I might swap out the Guide beanie for the drake this year.

jls

FNG
X2. And my C4E element beanie is not very tight fitting... I wear a size 7 hat and in 20+mph wind I feel like it'll fly off.

Mike

Interesting comment on the c4e Beanie. I bought a couple that were so small that I can't even wear them, so I gave them to my kids and they fit them well. I guess I just have a gigantic head LOL!

tstowater

WKR
I've used a Polartec (don't know brand) for years and happy with it. Have an early model Sitka that is good for warmer weather, but like Luke, I like a Mountain Hardwear when I want to cover my ears. The MH is very warm and you can get a warm head if you aren't careful. Need to try one of the merino ones. I'm gone to go to the KUIU or something similar.