Votes: 29 14.1%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 48 23.3%
  • Suzuki

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Polaris

Votes: 27 13.1%

• Total voters
I'm a Honda guy but that being said I inherited my late father's arc after he passed. It's a 2003 Suzuki Eiger. Starts every time and outlasted a few of my family's other quads. I'm replacing it with another Suzuki that a client of mine offered to sell me for a stupid good price. Expect nothing different.
That being said, I'm not someone that rides a thousand miles a year, a little pleasure riding in summer, some in hunting season and use it to plow my 200 yards of driveway.

Do just a little bit of research and you’ll see why Can Am is the answer.
Compare the Can Am to whatever your considering before you buy.

We tried Polaris, and Yamaha before buying Can Am and theres no comparison, nothing is even close. They handle better, have great suspension and the V-twin power and torque is amazing and they’re very dependable.

Last edited:
Bought a 23' Rancher 420 w/ IRS, PS and winch. Been a solid machine and wife uses it a lot to move hay bales for the horses. Cousin has a Polaris and is probably at their maintenance shop more than his house. I'd be happy with a Yamaha as a close second.

Zero problems with a 2014 Grizzly 700. Well, there was a recall on the 4x4 switch button that the dealer replaced free of charge. Heard good things about Kawasaki too. But I’d suggest a small SxS instead if you have kids you’ll want to take out with you sometime. Our stupid state gives tickets if you’re taking a kid out ice fishing on your lap traveling 5 mph…

I’ve had a Honda and two different Yamahas. Liked ‘em all. My favorite is definitely my current Yamaha grizzly. It’s the 700 grizzly with power steering. It’s a 2011 but the guy I bought it from hardly used it so it was like new when I bought it a couple years ago. Plenty of power and speed and a very comfortable ride.

Not sure if still the case, but back in 2014 I went with Yamaha because of the higher ground clearance on comparable models. I have a 2014 450 grizzly, hasn’t failed me once and I have 1800 hours on it.

Which one is the most quiet?
I’ve got both a Honda Rancher IRS and a Yamaha Grizzly 550. The Honda is much quieter both from the rider and hearing it from a distance perspective. Both the engine and transmission whine can be heard from a greater distance on the Grizzly. The Yamaha has a better suspension, more ground clearance and better top end cruising speed.

I bought two Yamaha Grizzlies 700 w/ EPS in 2011. Both have been 100% problem free. I would not consider myself mechanically inclined however I have been able to easily do all maintenance on both. If or when I need to buy again I wouldn’t hesitate to buy Yamaha again. I would also consider Can Am.

Honda 420 rancher . No power steering or automatic transmission . Floor shifter with straight axel . Bulletproof
This. Seat will probably be more duct tape than foam and vinyl before the motor has any serious issues. I don’t like them because they’re small and uncomfortable, can’t stand straight for an hour or two after a long ride but there is no doubt about the reliability. We’ve had a bunch of quads over the years, a few different brands and the only one we’d be reluctant to buy again would be CanAm. Personally, give me the big Yamaha with power steering. Reliable, comfortable and capable. Lot of dislike for Polaris here but we have a few of of them now and the only problems we’ve had are 100% related to human error.

I have the 07 grizzly, it's been a great ATV, the ride is still smooth and very reliable. When I do get a new one, I won't look at any other one. Of course Honda is also great.

Back