What are the best brick and mortar shops for DIY supply?

Anyone have favorite spots for things like buckles, webbing, cloth, g hooks, etc?

Call me a cheapskate, but I hate paying $5 shipping for a special clip, when I could be helping a local biz out...

I'm in Washington, but I suppose others in different states may have the same question.

Most of the local sewing/upholstery shops will have some of the stuff you're looking for. Only downfall is that they typically don't carry the type of stuff that I would rely on while using my hunting gear. Hobby Lobby, Joann Fabrics, etc. ripstopbytheroll and diy gear supply are my go-to suppliers for all of my gear builds. Plan your projects wisely and you'll get better supplies at cheaper prices. I like supporting my local shops too, but if they can't get what I want I need to look elsewhere.

Another place you can look is at army surplus stores. We have a really nice one here. They won't have the latest buckles but have a lot of stuff usually.

WoodBow

WKR
I will second the army surplus stores. I got webbing and buckles from mine. But im a big fan of ebay. You can get great prices and often free shipping.

I'm in Portland, OR and my local sources are Rose City Textiles and the Mill End Store..... Ace Hardware, Sgt. Gators, Joanns, Fabric Depot, The Craft Warehouse, Home Depot and even Goodwill.
Hunt'nFish

roy...s

FNG
I'll second the Seattle Fabric. If you walk into the store looking to buy a single buckle or strap, good luck resisting all the great stuff they have.

I've gotten some awesome deals on Gortex and Cordura remnants for a couple projects there.