Western Wa Public Land Rosie

Timber79

Lil-Rokslider
Was able to connect with a great public land western wa rosie bull . After I initially located this bull and realized he had cows I knew trying to pull him away from his cows would be a difficult task at best. I quickly realized this guy's bugles were getting further away rather than closer and knew I would have to make a quick move to make this happen. We initially attempted to stalk in on this bull to close the distance but instantly realized it was way to thick and loud to make that happen. So I decided I would barn storm ahead through the brush busting branches and making as much noise as humanly possible and would stop and knock an arrow as soon as I could find myself a decent shooting lane. My partner than began to lay on the bugle tube and do some raking in attempt to capture the bulls attention. Within a few minutes I began to hear branches snapping and that distinct sound of antler clanking off of the the the surrounding fir trees and within no time found myself at full draw releasing my arrow at 14 yards on a perfect broadside double lung shot. The bull then trotted off approximately 10 yards out of my site so I busted ahead through the thick reprod timber and found the bull looking back at me with a hard quarting away 10 yard shot . I placed my pin right behind his ribs and let the 2nd arrow fly. The bull then moved ahead another 5 yards or so and presented me with another identical shot so I let the third arrow fly and but this one was at roughly 7 yards that tipped him over immediately and it was all over. The bull travelled in all about 20 yards after the 1st shot . I was still in shock from what just took place and even more so once I found myself looking down on a 300+ class roosie bull. This was my first bull using kudu point broadhead and they proved to be more than fatal even out of my old hoyt pulling 57lbs due to some shoulders badly in need of surgery. Screenshot_20220920-205537_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220920-205718_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220920-205849_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220920-205927_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Nice bull! I hunted western Washington a few times. Down along the Columbia near Rosburg and over by Toledo. It’s thick! Some of those fern were as tall as me. Congratulations!

Might try packing with antlers down.

D27A9CEB-83A3-4366-933E-12C7FF57769D.jpeg

Hnthrdr

WKR
Great bull and good work on follow up shots, I always tell myself to remember to do that, I haven’t had one give me the chance yet, but I hope I’d be able to keep flinging arrows