Western Precision

Ordered my smaller fiber optics along with a new front globe, I noticed on the new globes, the top of the sight is lot more open to allow more light in. I’ll likely end up drilling some extra holes in my older sight to make is comparable.IMG_1898.jpeg

th0r

FNG
I tried the fiberoptic front sight but it covered the sight picture/target too much beyond 50 yds.. Not good enough for me when I'm capable of shooting accurately out to 100-125 yds.. I went back to the ballistic reticle insert. On the latter, I like to see Williams improve the ballistic reticle insert whereby the hash marks lighten under low light condition, darken under bright conditions. Years ago some Nikon lower magnification scopes incorporated this feature.
My bow sight has one of those purple lights that you can turn on during low light and it charges the pins. That would be sweet! I wonder if that would be allowed for open sight states?

I'm also working through my reticle preference. I really like the idea of the sub tension hold overs but like someone else mentioned, the sight picture is real busy and difficult to differentiate/focus between the top and middle crosshairs (I have 20/20 vision). I'll have to try the circle with the crosshairs one. Thanks for the recommendation. Also, good idea on painting the front sight housing so you can try to center the peep like on a bow.

Llama32

WKR
This is very interesting I bought a set for my TC Encore muzzleloader and slug barrel for a backup set of sites I will be trying both of them to see which ones I like but this is very good info

Llama32

WKR
Me and the wife found it harder to focus the reticle and target and got better groups with the fiber. I agree, it does cover more of the target than I like.
I considered trying to drill or having someone capable of drilling out a small enough hole in the cross hair to insert an .019 fiber from an archery site. But I'm not that motivated to do since we were getting decent groups out to 150 and the wife and kids have no complaints and they're the ones hunting with it.

I think you'll reduce accuracy with the reticles at low light(or have no shot) while giving up sufficient groups with the fiber.
I run a small machine shop has anyone ever considered cutting the notches on the top and bottom and running it like at archery site similar to this

Attachments

• IMG_20240806_011820.jpg
    IMG_20240806_011820.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240806_011731.jpg
    IMG_20240806_011731.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 15