Western plains bow sight

WYndy1

FNG
Looking for advice for a new bowsight. I'm torn between a fixed 7 pin and a 5 pin slider. Fixed pins have less to go wrong and lighter but might be crowded and no adjustability. Anyone have preference/experience.

Context - I primarily hunt the northern plains for antelope, mules and elk however typically spend at least 1 week in the high country rockies. 70+ yard pokes can be common place.

Squid

FNG
Fan of my CBE Trek Pro 5 pin slider. Dual indicator pin is very nice, I did have to reset my 2nd axis yesterday. Not sure how that got bumped. Very easy to adjust and tinker with. Sight tapes are metal, no messing with tapes.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
Shooting long distances I would go with a slider. At longer distances it is more important to shoot the exact yardage instead of splitting pins.

I have shot and liked the Blackgold pro hunter 5 pin slider. The tapered pins clean up the sight picture a little.

I started shooting a Spot Hogg Triplestack this year. So far I like it. I can get to 50yds with the 3 pins, dial after that and the sight picture is as clean as a single pin. The new SH Boonie in Triplestack looks even better.

Last edited:

Legend

WKR
Looking for advice for a new bowsight. I'm torn between a fixed 7 pin and a 5 pin slider. Fixed pins have less to go wrong and lighter but might be crowded and no adjustability. Anyone have preference/experience.

Context - I primarily hunt the northern plains for antelope, mules and elk however typically spend at least 1 week in the high country rockies. 70+ yard pokes can be common place.
Option 8....nothing else like it

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I moved from 7 pin fixed which was way too busy to 5 pin slider. Black Gold is awesome, but I moved to option 8, and now to the canyon pounder. Canyon pounder is the best sight I have found.

wyodog

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with a 7 pin for a couple seasons. I figured out 5 Pins is the most I can use quickly. Just too much going on with a 7 pin.