Wedding ring tattoo

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Made it well over a decade so not too concerned about that, but that’s part of my point. Do you get it removed? Cover it up? Amputate a finger?
My wife wanted to do it when we got married (11 years now) and I almost did it but for some reason we never did. For awhile I wore a silicone ring, now neither of us wear rings and havnt for almost a decade now. Not sure why, I just never found rings comfortable and her job dosent let her.

OP
W

Walmart Greeter

Lil-Rokslider
My wife wanted to do it when we got married (11 years now) and I almost did it but for some reason we never did. For awhile I wore a silicone ring, now neither of us wear rings and havnt for almost a decade now. Not sure why, I just never found rings comfortable and her job dosent let her.
Yeah wedding rings is kind of a stupid tradition. So are weddings

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah wedding rings is kind of a stupid tradition. So are weddings
100%

My wife was watching this show where these couples could basically choose between a super fancy wedding or a 100k down payment on a new home. They would meet with wedding planners and look at houses to see what their options were.

It was amazing how many of those jack offs chose to get a massive wedding over a 100k house payment.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
A number of guys I know wear silicone rings, less cost and risk of losing a finger around mechanical equipment with all the traditional signaling.

My personal opinion is tattoos for something that is statistically as impermanent as marriage are a bad idea.

OP
W

Walmart Greeter

Lil-Rokslider
A number of guys I know wear silicone rings, less cost and risk of losing a finger around mechanical equipment with all the traditional signaling.
That’s what I wear but it still annoys me sometimes. Interestingly my ring from the wedding is titanium, the worst choice in that regard. However, one day about 8 years ago at work a guy slammed my hand in the tail gate of a truck. The tail gate was not closing and I noticed something blocking it and when I went to grab it, he was in the process of trying to force it closed by slamming it as hard as he could. Well it hurt like a mf’er but my ring took the bulk of the load and I believe it saved me at least one finger. Of course I immediately removed it before the swelling got too bad.

MattB

WKR
That’s what I wear but it still annoys me sometimes. Interestingly my ring from the wedding is titanium, the worst choice in that regard. However, one day about 8 years ago at work a guy slammed my hand in the tail gate of a truck. The tail gate was not closing and I noticed something blocking it and when I went to grab it, he was in the process of trying to force it closed by slamming it as hard as he could. Well it hurt like a mf’er but my ring took the bulk of the load and I believe it saved me at least one finger. Of course I immediately removed it before the swelling got too bad.
My ring is titanium too, never used it in self-defense however.