Weaver Tactical Input

RepeatPete

Lil-Rokslider
I have a lead on a few new old stock weaver tactical scopes for great prices, around $400. Did a little research and the consensus seems to be that they have very good glass, durable and track well, built by LOW in Japan, but are heavy.

Any experience with these? Looking at either the 2-10x36 or the 1-5x24 for a shorter range lightweight 6.5 CM for primarily whitetails.

Wrench

WKR
I have a 4-16 1" weaver tactical on a 20 practical that behaves well and tracks accurately. I think I paid $200 used several years ago and would buy every one I can find at that price.

400 is getting close enough to swfa prices that I personally would go that route as I know it would sell if I out grew it.

OP
R

RepeatPete

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 4-16 1" weaver tactical on a 20 practical that behaves well and tracks accurately. I think I paid $200 used several years ago and would buy every one I can find at that price.

400 is getting close enough to swfa prices that I personally would go that route as I know it would sell if I out grew it.

Good point, but those are new SWFA prices. I feel like the comparable 3-9 that I have seen used have been going for $500-$600ish, and still super rare.

The 1” tube should be the grand slam tactical, right? Good to know that it tracks well and you’d buy again.

goalie

FNG
I have a 6-30x56 that is awesome other than the reticle being retro mil dot. Adjustments repeatable, zero stop, it is great on my RPR 6cm. One downside other than the reticle is the weight, mine's heavy.

OP
R

RepeatPete

Lil-Rokslider
@Formidilosus Have you worked with any of these, specifically the 1-5x24 or the 2-10x36? Reports seem to indicate that they are pretty durable, but I can’t find much mention of them on Rokslide.
The reticle doesn’t look ideal for hunting on the 1-5, but the 2-10 has a standard mil dot, which not the best, is totally serviceable IMO.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus Have you worked with any of these, specifically the 1-5x24 or the 2-10x36? Reports seem to indicate that they are pretty durable, but I can’t find much mention of them on Rokslide.
The reticle doesn’t look ideal for hunting on the 1-5, but the 2-10 has a standard mil dot, which not the best, is totally serviceable IMO.

I don’t have enough experience to say.