WeatherWool Anorak

I finally scratched the itch for a WeatherWool Anorak. I’ve wanted one for years, but was always hesitant to drop $600+ on a jacket I haven’t seen in person.

WeatherWool stated something called a lending library. For a $30 shipping fee, they let you borrow clothing that has been returned. Ralph at WeatherWool was pleasant to work with and he answered my questions prompt.

They had a large anorak in the lending library, so I borrowed it. That was all it took. I ordered a new one after I was able to see it.

It’s a phenomenal jacket, but I’m not sure where it fits in the lineup. So far I’ve just been wearing it on long rambles in mild temps. I live in the PNW and we always have to think about rain. I’m not sure this is a rainy climate jacket.

The jury is still out on if it was actually a good investment for my climate. If I still lived in CO it would be a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to have to look into that lending program. Looked at their stuff for a few years, but have been hesitant to drop the coin. What color did you get? I really like the lynx pattern. Have been trying to decide between sleeping Indian and WeatherWooo.

OP
I’m going to have to look into that lending program. Looked at their stuff for a few years, but have been hesitant to drop the coin. What color did you get? I really like the lynx pattern. Have been trying to decide between sleeping Indian and WeatherWooo.

I got it in Drab. It’s a good color.

I have been looking at this company hard also. Never knew about the loner program. I have started to convert to mostly wool clothing. I am in WI. Our cold is always a wet cold and the new tech clothing never seems to dry out or keep me warm when out in the woods, like it is advertised. The great thing about wool is it will retain heat even when soaked. I have experienced this when I was working for the Post Office. I wore a heavy Land's End wool sweater for a whole Winter and most of a Fall and Spring. I hardly ever wore a rain coat since I would just sweat from wearing it. I was hardly ever cold while walking routes, even when I was soaked through.

I will have to save up for some of their products. They use to sell wool that was lined with a fur for very cold weather.

I live in the PNW and we always have to think about rain. I’m not sure this is a rainy climate jacket.

The jury is still out on if it was actually a good investment for my climate.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but how did it end up working for you?

Been looking at one (medium weight) as well, also PNW based.

OP
Sorry to revive an old thread, but how did it end up working for you?

Been looking at one (medium weight) as well, also PNW based.
I ended up sending it back. It was a phenomenal jacket, and if I still lived in Colorado (born and raised) it probably would’ve been perfect, but it’s just too wet here in the PNW to be very useful.

For me, it was almost impossible to layer with this jacket. It was too thick to fit under a rain shell, too heavy to wear over a medium weight base layer (even a First Lite Kiln LS). It was very warm on its own.

Again, it was a solid, well-made jacket. Superb craftsmanship. It just didn’t work out for me.