Waterproof Jacket for duck hunting in Eastern Oregon southern Idaho

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for an affordable jacket to duck and goose hunt in eastern oregon/southern idaho and salt lake areas. Im new to duck hunting but not to hunting. I know I want something waterproof and I would prefer to layer instead of a bulky coat. there are so many online options but nothing local I can actually go touch. I cant afford Sitka and Kuiu, but Scheels has the first lite UNC Foundry on sale for 250. can any of you wizards point me in a direction for around that price range or less? or should I just go get the UNC?

thanks guys

It is like optics, buy once cry once. I hunt Montana and in all types of weather with my Sitka duck oven jacket. I have seen them for 300 which is only 50 bucks more. To me they fit great so it doesnt affect gun mount. Super warm with a good base layer. Great product.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
i ve got for very good price browning waterfowl parka with down jacket inside and it is holding very well. maybe another idea to dig if you can find a new one from the previous season like i did but it is maybe not raining here as in your place.

UpTop

WKR
Drake and Banded both make reasonably affordable waterproof coats/jackets. The Columbia one mentioned is decent as well. I’d definitely look into the Cabela’s Northen Flight 3n1. For reasonable price and holds its own functionality this would be my top choice. If not save your money and build a kit from Chene or Sitka. I’ve personally never needed crazy expensive gear to get the job done.

yfarm

WKR
Commercial grade wet weather gear, also sell bibs in the same camo