Water heater installation cost in mtn west

OP
H
I'm not gonna buy your house so your permit and insurance situation is irrelevant to me. But just looking out for ya, that foam insulation on the hot side needs to go. Too close to the hot vent. I assume that utility room has a floor drain too?
That's what I was thinking about the foam insulation. It came with it for that purpose so I threw it on there and also checked the heat while it was heating up and the portion that's close to the vent was cool. But yea I think it's not to code since it's single wall vent.

No drain in that room. I don't know if the previous owners originally had the heater in another area where there was a drain or not. Code says it's for me without a drain on the pan if there's no ore existing drain and no feasible way to hook it up

Yeah that jobs not done yet. There could be an option to run the drainage line alongside wherever that HVAC condensate goes thru the wall as long as it’s downhill of the pan lip.
It’s just asking for trouble to have no leak control on a water heater, and 0% chance of insurance covering damages whether they pull the permit or not.

Just had a water heater replaced in a rental property I own. Located in Southern Colorado. $1500 all in, including water heater, labor, new shut-offs, pan, permit.