Washington state mule deer hunting.

I'm new to rokslide but I'm a long time hunter that's having troubles find places to hunt in washington state since it's seems I'm getting new firearm restriction zones in the north cascades. I'm from Western wa and I'm moving to south east idaho right after deer season due to what's happening here. I mainly hunt alone alone get away from people/other hunters and I'm looking for areas that I can pack in pretty far to get away. Any ideas? I'm not asking for secret spots and being that I am always hunting alone I figured I try and reach out. Thanks to all in advance.

I lived for 10 years west of Newport. Never saw a mule deer. Actually I never saw a deer that wasn't on a hay field or pasture. Try the Okanogen.

I'm not sure what wkr is.
Well known rokslider. It got started with the ethics in hunting thread. Somebody mumbled something about a couple of well-known roksliders in the vicinity of a disputed deer carcass. Next thing you know all the senior members got promoted to WKR. Kinda like that scene in Spartacus. I am the WKR! No I am WKR.!

High buck hunt is open for the next 10 days, go hike deep into the pasayten wilderness. Maybe you’ll find a buck maybe you won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jedi

FNG
its a tough road to navigate, but theyre there. packing in miles away from the next guy, thats what he was thinking too, when he sees you come over the ridge. some great bucks get killed in general season. permits have better timeframes, but its pretty much an oil tag here. id just pick 3-5 spots that look appealing, based on your experience, and get boots on the ground. check them off until you find what youre after. you really wont get a starting point. most everyone is too tight lipped to give up hard (l)earned information. some units are more known than others, just have to get out and after it. never know, could kill one 10 miles in or 1/4 mile off the road. some of its just being out there. good luck

Word to the wise on the high buck, unless you're in shape, its going to be some of the most physical hunting you've ever experienced.

I'm new to rokslide but I'm a long time hunter that's having troubles find places to hunt in washington state since it's seems I'm getting new firearm restriction zones in the north cascades. I'm from Western wa and I'm moving to south east idaho right after deer season due to what's happening here. I mainly hunt alone alone get away from people/other hunters and I'm looking for areas that I can pack in pretty far to get away. Any ideas? I'm not asking for secret spots and being that I am always hunting alone I figured I try and reach out. Thanks to all in advance.
Are you going to hunt idaho too? I hear the hunting is better in every category compared to Washington.

What’s the word this year, you gunna do WA or Idaho? I think a lotta guys would jump at an idaho hunt given the success rate n all but i wonder if it’s a grass is greener situation. I couldn’t imagine starting fresh in a new state after hunting washington the last 30 years. Either way, good luck out there this fall everyone