Warne Mtn Tech vs Seekins Precision Rings

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Both of these rings seem to be top notch from what I can find. The only real difference I can see between them are the single 1/2" clamping nut on the Warne VS the double torx screws on the Seekins. Is one style better than another? If so, why?

Seekins rings are far better quality than warne.

As for the cross bolt with 1/2” nut or double torx screws it doesn’t really matter much. Either will achieve similar clamping force.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have had both and feel the seekins is a better quality ring. Particularly much better quality cap screws

They both worked well.

I actually prefer the nut to the screws

mddat

FNG
I generally use seekins or night force rings, decided to try the Warne mountain tech as they looked similar to the Nightforce xtreme ultra lights. Mounted my NF nx8 on my 300 PRC and had the scope slip twice now, just removed them and ordered another set of seekins, won’t be using the mountain tech again

morgaj1

WKR
I generally use seekins or night force rings, decided to try the Warne mountain tech as they looked similar to the Nightforce xtreme ultra lights. Mounted my NF nx8 on my 300 PRC and had the scope slip twice now, just removed them and ordered another set of seekins, won’t be using the mountain tech again

What did you torque the cap screws to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id_jon

WKR
I move scopes around a lot and that makes the 1/2" but far superior in my opinion, seems like it's at least twice as fast. Not that it takes a ton of time anyway, but the nut is just easier if you think you'll be moving things from gun to gun often.

mddat

FNG
What did you torque the cap screws to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
65 inch pounds on cross bolt and first time I used 18inch pounds on dry threads and second time I used 20 inch pounds with blue loc tite on cap screws

Macintosh

WKR
Ive had both, as long as loctited (including the big crossbolt) both have worked. I prefer the seekins because every so often I had a pack strap or piece of clothing catch on the crossbolt. That was like twice so no idea how likely that is, but it was annoying at the time.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I use both, like both, but feel the Seekins are the better ring. They are wider and have more ring/scope contact area so there should be a reduced chance of slippage. I like the lug being integral to the ring on the Seekins, though I've never had a problem with seperate bar/lug. I think Seekins are a touch lower...but I can't remember for sure.

The Mt Tech's have a weaver lug and the Seekins are pic if that matters to you. The only time I use the Mt Tech's is when I have a weaver base which I don't plan on opening up....I think they are a great ring for this situation.

Grundy53

WKR
I use Seekins and Warne mountain techs. I like them both. I prefer the torx screws for the rail mount on the Seekins.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I have both Seekins and Warne. I have never had an issue with my Warnes over the last 10 years. I just put a set of Seekins on my new rifle. I love them so far. Great clamping on the tube with out being over torqued. 20 inch pounds wet. I really like the fact that they use T-25 screws instead of smaller ones. So far rock solid and high quality machining. I'll definitely be buying more.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m putting warne mountain tech rings on my 375 because warne makes a 2 piece base that will accept those rings. I have the mountain tech rail on the way for my Kimber 300wm, I’ll mount up a scope on the mtn tech rings to see how the fit is then decide which way to go with rings for that rifle.

Prime18

FNG
Seekins all the way, the feel and quality I believe is superior than that of the warne rings however, if seekins aren't available the warne rings will not disappoint!

Sevens

WKR
Seekins on all my rifles. I like the low profile nature of the torx screws and it makes thinks less complicated to only need the one torx bit to tighten everything.

Vortex Precision Match Rings are just rebranded Seekins as well, buy whichever is available at the best price.

Kdc0824

FNG
Both of these rings seem to be top notch from what I can find. The only real difference I can see between them are the single 1/2" clamping nut on the Warne VS the double torx screws on the Seekins. Is one style better than another? If so, why?
I run seekins on the majority of my rifles and have zero complaints. Very durable and strong

sdupontjr

WKR
When I was looking for 34mm for my S&B, I looked for seekins and they were sold out everywhere. I believe someone on here mentioned looking into Vortex precision matched 34's. I can't quite remember but I thought it was said that either Seekins makes the Vortex precision matched rings or vise versa. Anyway, I have the Vortex ones on mine and never had an issue.
Seekins

Vortex Precision Matched