Warne Mountain Tech vs Leupold Back Country Rail

Warne for me. The old Leupold steel was good. Their new aluminum bases seem to soft of a material for me. I’ve been able to flex their aluminum scope rings by hand.

Which rings in specific were you able to bend? I was contemplating using their backcountry rings on this build, and their 1-piece backcountry’s rather than Talley Ultralight’s on a different build due to the fact that they looked more robust than the Talley’s.

I don’t know the model or make of the ring set. I recall they came in a blister pack with a yellow background. A friend asked me to mount up their scope and I was not impressed with any of the set up. Rings when put together before mounting you could feel and see the flex. Not a lot but enough that I wouldn’t put them on anything I own. Rings mount and scope all Leupold.

I would go with a known entity. Warne MT and NF seem to have the best design, materials and QC for the mid price range. Between $100-$200 range. If price is no object there are definitely options with better QC and materials available from the smaller batch providers.

Thanks for the help! I will most likely end up going with Mountain Tech Rail / Rings for the .300win Xbolt. Any input on the Talley 1-piece ultra lights or other reasonable price 1-piece mounts for a 6.5CM R700?

For what it’s worth. There is another thread on here that details an issue with the rail. You will need to purchase a magnum length rail from either Leopold or warne

RWT, are you saying for the .300 win X Bolt you need to purchase a “magnum” length rail as opposed to a Long Action? Thanks!

Back