Warmth of KUIU Pro Merino 200 vs Strongfleece 210/260

pawlyb

FNG
Curious how the pro merino compares to strongfleece in terms of warmth. A secondary concern is layering comfort under an axis jacket or storm shell jacket. Thanks

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Both the Strongfleece 260 and 280 are warmer than the Merino 200 and work great as an outer layer in warmer conditions. While both work great under an Axis Hybrid, the Pro Merino fits more comfortable as a half zip mid layer. The SF fits more like a lightweight hoodie.

We do a review + 1 in 20 raffle on Hoodies and the Strongfleece Hybrid Full Zip 280 is the top choice amongst those winners.

Both the Strongfleece 260 and 280 are warmer than the Merino 200 and work great as an outer layer in warmer conditions. While both work great under an Axis Hybrid, the Pro Merino fits more comfortable as a half zip mid layer. The SF fits more like a lightweight hoodie.

We do a review + 1 in 20 raffle on Hoodies and the Strongfleece Hybrid Full Zip 280 is the top choice amongst those winners.
How would the SF 260/280 compare to FL furnace as far as warmth?

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
How would the SF 260/280 compare to FL furnace as far as warmth?

The FL Furnace line is warmer and really nice for extremely cold weather. The Zip T is only an ounce heavier but its a 350. You won't want to be hiking around in that unless its real cold though.

One of my favorites in a tree stand.

Honyock

WKR
I haven't used the Strongfleece but the Pro Merino 200 is a great midlayer. It fits fairly snug (athletic cut) and is surprisingly warm.

For another opinion, i have both strogfleece 260 hoodie (quarter zip not full zip) and the pro merino 200.

I see these two pieces as different for different purposes. The strongfleece is a solid mid layer or outer layer as stated by ilikegear above. Quite warm and very solid. In active situations down to 30 degrees, it would be a solid outer layer. In static situations, it works well as an outer into the 50’s but a solid mid into the 30-20’s depending on the outer.

The promerino is a excellent base layer and i have used it solely into the upper 60’s but lack of wind resistance makes this not a very viable solo use in wind below the 70’s. It is a great active base layer with a light layer above down into the 50’s and possibly 40’s, static it is a great base again down to whatever with appropriate layers above. Where this layer shines is moving moisture quite well while still feeling good. So i see it more as a base than a mid layer.

Hope that helps. Both pieces are really good. They are both very comfortable and sized appropriate, i wear a large in mearly everything and these fit well for my intended uses above.