Wanting reviews and on Hilleberg Anjan 2 GT

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys i'm almost sold on getting a Hilleberg Anjan 2 GT. Anyone have any experience with one? Wanting to know: How well did it fit in your bag and was it worth the weight to carry miles everyday, how necessary is the footprint, how did it do in bad weather, how well did it fit 2 guys, and how easy was it to set up and take down? Intended use is for archery elk. So pretty much the month of September.
Appreciate any advice or input. Also if you have pictures of one set up in the woods please do share!! Thanks again -James

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I've been running mine (normal not the GT) for 3 years now and it's by far the best tent I've owned. The fit is no issues for me. I have a DT1 bag and with 5 days of gear I am able to fit everything inside the bag. Definitely worth the weight to carry. I've been in some insane weather with it and glad I had it. Unless you are ok spooning with your partner, I wouldn't recommend 2 guys in that tent at all. 1 and gear is perfect. Takes a minute to setup. Super easy

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome thanks Ryan. Can't believe I missed the sticky on top of the thread. Thanks! Anyone else have real world experience? Are these worth the extra coin?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Awesome thanks Ryan. Can't believe I missed the sticky on top of the thread. Thanks! Anyone else have real world experience? Are these worth the extra coin?

Talk to 1 shot gear when you buy it. They gave my buddy a great deal

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah that's who I'm planning to buy from! Since it's more than I'm used to spending just wanting to make sure it's exactly what I want. Thanks though :)

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Ok I will most likely also get the footprint! Thanks.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Ok I will most likely also get the footprint! Thanks.

They've got an absolute bomber floor, something like 80D......if you're worried at all about weight, I wouldn't worry too much about packing a footprint, kick some sticks/large rocks out of the way and you'd typically be good to go.

OP
Jjamesdean

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
I am a little worried about weight. Last year I only carried a tarp and my pack was plenty heavy.

chmusar

FNG
Ref weight have a look at a app called checking brick it let's you create lists of all your gear you can put the weights in attach photos of your gear dates of purchase etc then you click what you are taking and adds all of it up