Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT VS Anjan 2 GT - Questions

d_worno-1986

Lil-Rokslider
I run my tents without the inner tent a lot too. Was that never an issue with the Anjan on mountain hunts when weather came in on you? I love the weight of the their yellow labels, but It seems like those built in cutaways would let nasty wind and rain underneath and into the sleeping area or on your gear in the vestibule

as.ks.ak

WKR
I run my tents without the inner tent a lot too. Was that never an issue with the Anjan on mountain hunts when weather came in on you? I love the weight of the their yellow labels, but It seems like those built in cutaways would let nasty wind and rain underneath and into the sleeping area or on your gear in the vestibule

Let’s just say site selection definitely becomes significantly more important… and they are DEFINITELY 3 season tents…

I've had a Hilleberg tunnel style and I'll never have another one. Think of it like sleeping in a culvert pipe and having to climb in/out of a pipe every time. Side entrance only for here on out for me.

Jimss

WKR
I would caution with using the Helag and Anjan with just the fly except in favorable conditions. I can pretty much guarantee it will get wet inside with wind and snow/rain. The fly doesn't hit the ground! I usually bring super light painter's plastic to keep dirt and water off my gear even with my Nallo GT fly.

If you are using just the fly in Alaska or other areas with wind, snow, rain, and cold I would definitely consider flies that reach the ground. The inner tent bodies have tub floors and you can also buy footprints to add to water/weather proofness.

You will need additional clothes and protection if you use a fly that doesn't hit the ground in extreme weather.....speaking from experience! If most of your time is in mild and dry weather I would have no worries with a higher fly that doesn't touch the ground.

Obviously, weight is important but it's silly not to be prepared for the worse conditions on remote, extended trips! I've spent weeks in the backcountry in Alaska, Wyoming, and Colorado. It can get mighty spooky and miserable being miles from the nearest road. Wind and moisture can really cause problems in those circumstances! To me, I'd rather skimp on 1 or 2 lbs somewhere else than my home away from home in horrible conditions!