Wall tent recommendations

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some recommendations on wall tents. Looking to invest in one. Been looking at multiple tents online and just looking for guys with real experience good or bad. What is everyone using?

Seeknelk

WKR
Davis 14x16. Internal frame.
It's been wonderful, I never use a tarp yet. If I set up for longer than 5-7 days I'd consider a tarp just for ice but tarp not needed. I use cheap tarp for a floor if it's gumbo mid country. Throw tarp away if it's too muddy.
Got one door and end wall window. Wish it had more windows and even a second door for.in the summer ,trying to get a cool breeze thru is tough.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
12x14 canvas with internal frame and Yukon stove from Wall Tent Shop. Some would say name brand is better, but I had mine up for 2 years straight in the Texas Hill Country with no issues. Put it back up again this year. Cold, wind, rain, snow, incredibly intense sun and heat, and it's still going strong in year 3. Plus support has been incredible; I get answers, parts, and friendly banter whenever I call.. I have no doubt this tent will outlive me.

The vinyl floor is great and kept out the rodents. The screen door excludes the insects for comfort. My wife and I can put it up in a bit over an hour, and take it down, fold it, and pack it away in 90 minutes.

Davis Tent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Check out our introduction thread and all the nice things Rokslider's had to say about us.

Davis 14x16. Internal frame.
It's been wonderful, I never use a tarp yet. If I set up for longer than 5-7 days I'd consider a tarp just for ice but tarp not needed. I use cheap tarp for a floor if it's gumbo mid country. Throw tarp away if it's too muddy.
Got one door and end wall window. Wish it had more windows and even a second door for.in the summer ,trying to get a cool breeze thru is tough.
This! 14x16 with internal frame...get the couplings so you can cut the rafters in half so they fit in 6.5' bed. Windows in back and sides as well...I have the canopy as well. I also have the biggest stove they offer. I have the floor and the tarp but have never needed to use either.

Kenai_dtracker

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 14x16 with internal frame from the Wall tent shop. No complaints whatsoever and they were great with all my questions. I bought the angle kit and cut my own poles.

OP
Hofhunter

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Check out our introduction thread and all the nice things Rokslider's had to say about us.

I will definitely check it out!

OP
Hofhunter

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
12x14 canvas with internal frame and Yukon stove from Wall Tent Shop. Some would say name brand is better, but I had mine up for 2 years straight in the Texas Hill Country with no issues. Put it back up again this year. Cold, wind, rain, snow, incredibly intense sun and heat, and it's still going strong in year 3. Plus support has been incredible; I get answers, parts, and friendly banter whenever I call.. I have no doubt this tent will outlive me.

The vinyl floor is great and kept out the rodents. The screen door excludes the insects for comfort. My wife and I can put it up in a bit over an hour, and take it down, fold it, and pack it away in 90 minutes.
I don’t live all that far from these guys. Definitely one on my list and been in contact with them about visiting and checking out their tents. How many people comfortable in the 12x14?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
We've been using Davis tents for decades. I have a 14x16 with internal frame and awning which is great with the family, but much prefer my 14x16 with their traditional pole setup. It's a lot easier to set up and take down solo, which I do a lot.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t live all that far from these guys. Definitely one on my list and been in contact with them about visiting and checking out their tents. How many people comfortable in the 12x14?
3 with the stove. 4 without. In our case 2 guys with cabinets for gear storage, locking food storage (no bears in this part of Texas,) and a seating area inside. We use the extended fly with astroturf for a kitchen and sitting area in nicer weather. We also cheat and use Titan XXL cots with outfitter pads to make it a motel-like sleeping experience for 2 or 3.

Ford Chevy dodge - I like Montana canvas personally. But I have heard good things about all mentioned.

Make sure you compare apples to apples with what YOU want. There are differences that make one style cheaper or more expensive than others when comparing brands.

You will probably be happy with whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeknelk

WKR
We've been using Davis tents for decades. I have a 14x16 with internal frame and awning which is great with the family, but much prefer my 14x16 with their traditional pole setup. It's a lot easier to set up and take down solo, which I do a lot.
I've heard that about the traditional pole set up. I'm curious. I guess I set the internal frame up solo quite a bit. So do you have long telescoping ridgepoles for the side walls and center ridge? I guess I'll look at Daviss site.

Catahoula

WKR
After seeing two friends set-ups 3 seasons ago, decided to make the change up. Did the research on Davis Tent online site. Then took the drive into Denver to visit Davis Tent facility. Worked with Taylor and ordered up 14x16 and also 14x10 cook tent, both internal frame. The purchase/ordering process was great and being I had ordered in the off-season my order was completed ahead of what I was told it would take. Great CS there. 👍🏼

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've heard that about the traditional pole set up. I'm curious. I guess I set the internal frame up solo quite a bit. So do you have long telescoping ridgepoles for the side walls and center ridge? I guess I'll look at Daviss site.
The traditional setup has a 3-piece ridgepole with 3 vertical supports, then 1/2" EMT poles along the sides at each grommet. You stake out the tent through each bottom grommet leaving a few inches of stake above the ground. The poles slide over the stakes, then eye bolts slide into the top of the pole through the top grommets........and then stake everything tight with ropes and tensioners tied to the eye bolts.