Wall tent pellet stove

Brettkazz

FNG
Looking for some recommendations and advice for a pellet stove in our wall tent. Hoping to keep the tent warm for the entire night without having to fill with wood multiple times. I have searched in here and haven't found anything too recent. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

OP
B

Brettkazz

FNG
Don't most pellet stoves require electricity to operate the blower/auger?
Cylinder Stoves used to make a conversion kit that did not require electricity. Cold air will naturally be pulled in as the warm air is exiting through the exhaust. I am leaning towards building my own. Hardest part will be figuring out the gravity feed to ensure its not too fast

hunterjmj

WKR

A group that camps near us each year has one of these and it works like no other stove I've been around. If you like to be really warm then this is the way to go.

OP
B

Brettkazz

FNG

A group that camps near us each year has one of these and it works like no other stove I've been around. If you like to be really warm then this is the way to go.
I will check that out. The "Buy Now" tab on their website is not working. I will give them a call

CorbLand

WKR
I reached out to him today as well. The one he is using is from Cylinder Stoves. They don't have anything on their website anymore about them. I have also reached out to them
I think he mentioned that they had discontinued them around 2020/2021 but I will let him respond.

This looks awesome!!! I’d love to hear more about it or If anyone tracks one of these down I’d love to hear thoughts!

Check out the Q Stove. I put a pipe reducer on it to run in my wall tent and kodiak flexbow. Going to run it in the flexbow for the first time in a couple weeks during spring bear.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Clarry has to have the worst website I've ever seen. Do they really want to sell stoves? Talk about zero useful information available to look at. Cylinder stoves will eventually get back to you, but it may take several months. That's how long it took them to respond when I contacted them about the pellet conversion kit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have the Clary stove

Works great.

Tarp the roof of you wall tent to hold in the heat. It’s buns 24/7 on 1.5-2 bags per day with damper closed

The pellets I used made a big difference in heat output

I had to use bear mountain pellets

OP
B

Brettkazz

FNG
I have the Clary stove

Works great.

Tarp the roof of you wall tent to hold in the heat. It’s buns 24/7 on 1.5-2 bags per day with damper closed

The pellets I used made a big difference in heat output

I had to use bear mountain pellets
How did you go about purchasing that?

There was a tent and wood stove shop in salem oregon

I bought it probably 10-12 years ago.

I also had seen them at the Sportman show right before I bought it.

If you’re in Oregon I’ll sell it!
I don’t do any late hunts that require a wall tent and pellet stove anymore

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Bravo tents sells a nice one. not sure the brand name. Ive slept with one burning and its COZY Gravity fed and burns all night. no 4 am cold firestart

I know it's a different route than what you are asking for however have you tried anthracite coal? I am trying this next time I use my tent. It is supposed to burn hotter and longer than wood.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Elk1365

FNG
I built a stove for our 12 X 20 alaknak and installed a gravity feed pellet burner on it. Worked well in my driveway in PA @ 290Ft elevation, couldnt get it to stay lit at 9500Ft in CO to save our ass! Same pellets both places, I assumed it was a lack of O2? great idea, just couldn't get it to work.