Wake/ski/surf boats

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
Thanks for all the comments guys. I should clarify that when I said 9-12 I want the extra room because in reality it would be 4-5 adults and 2-3 kids at a time. My kids are only 3 and 9 months so they don’t take up much room at the moment.

Being able to surf would be a positive but I could live without that ability. I live within 30 minutes of 2 bigger lakes in Wa(lake sammamish and lake Washington) so definitely need a trailer to go back and forth. Plus we take multiple trips to lake Chelan so would bring the boat over in those trips vs renting a boat now when we go.

I was hoping to be 40k or less for a boat which I have found some Malibu wakesetters and a few different mastercraft models. I’m not opposed to other brand so I will check out the others mentioned. I am hoping to pick something up this winter or spring which I’m hoping prices come down a bit in that time frame. The hard part is seeing 20-30 year old boats selling for 10-15k and anything 10-15 years old seem to be in the 30-50k range. Hopefully those prices drop and I’m happy it is a want more than a need so we can research and wait without worry.

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Man, how I miss those days wakeboarding on the delta. I’ve been in quite a few brands and rode behind a lot of boats. My knowledge is more of the older boats as we rode hard from 98-2006. For room, wake shape, storage and surfing, definitely a V-drive. We’ve rode many times with 10-13 people on the boat. Out motto was, the more people, the more weight in the boat, which equaled a giant wake. Either boat you mentioned will be great. Both Malibu and master craft make excellent boats.
The only issue we ran into with any of our boats was the transmission. I burned up 3 in two summers. Luckily they were under warranty. Guess with the ballast, all the fat sacs and human weight, we over did it a bit. Oh the joy of being young.

When you say older boat, what years are you looking at? Malibu, MC’s and Nautiques would be my choices and not in any particular order. I’m a Malibu fan and really liked riding the vlx and 23 lsv. With the ballast, wedge and sacs, the wake is massive. Plenty of room and a great boat. With the mastercraft, we rode the older X2, X10, X30 and the late 90’s Xstar. The Maristar also had the same hull as the old xstar, just didnt come stock with all the ballast and tower.
For the guys on a budget, the old stars and stripe mastercraft and old nautique 2001(model not year) boats make a great wake for a when sacked out.
Sanger makes a good, solid boat, just wasn’t ever a fan of their wake.