Wading boot

Gobbler36

WKR
For moose I’m going to go with wading pant and boots what bout did you guys use that have been on a moose hunt that stood up to the task?

simms boots (they dont make the ones i use any more) and i use dryft wading pants. Another great bang for your buck wading pants are frog toggs are the Pilot II guide pants. I fished hunted and land surveyed in those frogg toggs for 7 years before i caught them on the tongue of my boat trailer

Scottf270

WKR
I found a set of Simms boots on close out with the BOA system. Loved the no lace up feature. Easy to get on and adjust tension as needed. Loved them.

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
I use a good pair of waders. Being able to roll them down is nice. Mine fit good around the ankle. Most of the time it's in muck boots. With a quiet, light weight cover pant to stay dry
I have often thought about using waders but just don't need them.
Good luck on your hunts

Simms Freestone wading boots have been amazing for us. I’ve had mine now for 4 years and they have been flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
Simms G4 Pro wading boots were discontinued, but you can find them for an average price of $230 - 245 ($100 discount). They're tough to beat at that price point.

The best boot I have found for hiking/hunting was the cabelas bonesneaker wading boot. They were lightweight and had more ankle support than any other wader boot I've found. I have a pair I still use but, they are strictly for my moose hunts. I'm a big simms fan and use their waders, boots, and other apparel but, those cabelas bonesneaker boots were perfect for hunting.

If I was buying a new boot I'd be looking at the Simms G3 or freestone but then I'd also give the cabelas hiker 2.0 a look as well.

The Cabela's bonesneaker were solid! I wore mine out and was extremely disappointed a couple years ago when I went to replace them. My wife is on I think her 7th season with hers.

I ordered and tested a pile of boots. Of the stuff I tried, the Orvis Ultralight were far and above anything Simms (or anyone) had in a similar category. The balance of tread, support, weight, and durability all lined up perfect for me. I do a hike into a fishing spot that's about 3 miles round trip and I'll do it several days in a row in those wader boots without any issue.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've been really happy with my simms g3 boots, they have done well for the past 4 seasons. I had some generic ones before that.

USMC2602

WKR
My experience is limited to my Alaska drop in hunt, but was very satisfied with my Simms G3 boots and waders. Wore them every day from the time I got out of the sleeping bag until I turned in at night, zero issues.

mooster

WKR
Simms boots and waders. I have brought some neoprene socks to wear with the boots on days I didn't need to wear the full waders.

rojocop

FNG
I love my Simms Freestone boots, at times I do a fair amount of walking/hiking to get to the water and they've held up great. Drain well too so the walk back isn't sloshy.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Another vote for Simm's chest-waders and boots. I've been wearing the same G-4 waders for a decade. Wore-out the pair of G-4 boots that I bought at the same time as my waders...so I bought some G-3 boots last year, and they are just as great!