Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Rokslide staff just voted on the finalists based on the entry rules HERE

Now it’s Rokslide Members’ Turn to Pick the Winners

First place takes home the Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900
Second place will be sleeping in the Stone Glacier Chilkoot 32 degree quilt

Here are the rules we judged the finalists by:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the horn tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the sheep, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.
4) Must be a photo of a sheep harvested in 2021

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you'd like to vote.)

Only Rokslide members with accounts registered by 12/24/22 will be counted towards winners (the fairest way to pick a winner), although those late votes will still show up in the poll.

I'll leave the poll open until January 8th 8:00 PCT

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified.

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest.

Here are the finalists in no particular order. Cast your vote in the poll using the member's name listed at top of each photo.

(Word to the finalists, if you you’re an Instagram user and would like us to tag you when we share the finalists, PM @robby denning by Tuesday 12/27)

@TNsavageman
tnsavageman.jpeg

@Lucas B
LucasB.jpg

@RuggedMile
ruggedmile.jpeg

@propulsionclimbing
propulsionclimbing.jpeg

@MDM23
MDM23.jpeg

@wildwilderness
Wildwilderness.jpeg

@Jerryleesak
jerryleesak.jpg

@radak12
RADAK12.jpeg

@CHL
CHL.jpeg

@Shooter264
shooter264.jpeg

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys I’m sorry this took so long. Busy busy this time of year. @Jskaanland checked the accounts & everything‘s legit..And we have our winners:

1st place for the Sky Talus 6900 Backpack is @wildwilderness with this image

DE821343-9B1E-4688-9781-BD16A0E3D53A.jpeg

2nd place for the Chilkoot 32° Quilt is
@Lucas B great image
615BB0AF-7501-48C5-9C2F-B72BD90DA7C7.jpeg

Similar to some years in the Elk contest, the nontraditional photos beat out the grip and grins.

If you winners will send me a PM in the next week, I’ll get you introduced to the guys at Stone Glacier and will get the gear coming. If for some reason you wanna trade prizes, that’s fine too.

Thanks everyone for your entries and for voting, see you next year