Vortex vs Leupold

Joseph28

FNG
Hi guys,
I from California and want to start hunting out of state. I am also trying to get more into long range shooting. I have been backpacking all of my life and all of my hunts are back country. I am a huge Leupold guy and like that most of their products are made in the us as well as their warranty. I am looking for a spotting scope for the backcountry as well as the rifle range along with a pair of 10 or 12x50 or 56 binos and future rifle scopes. Is there a major difference between leupold and vortex how well do they hold up or time, their over all build thank you

Cody_W

WKR
I have a Vortex Razor Hd 27-60x85 spotter that you cant beat for the price. I can’t attest to its comparison to the comparable Leupold Spotter though. I ran Leupolds VX-6HD 4-24x52 this year on my hunting rifle and will say I’m extremely impressed with it. Can clearly ID game after legal shooting light. No experience on either vortex or leupold for Binos.

I’d stick with Leupold. I’ve seen way too many Vortex failures. If you spend a little time reading these forums you’ll see plenty of examples.

Too broad of a question IMO. You need to be more specific about models. Both Leupy and Vortex make great stuff, and they make cheap junk. Really depends on what you're talking about within their product range.