Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24 FFP Review, By Jared Bloomgren

KHNC

WKR
Ok, Standby for Vortex SE haters! Personally, I own two of these. One i have on a TSAR300 SBR in 300BLK. They other i have on a DD 5.56 platform. Both I have owned since the optic was introduced by Vortex. NO failures, NO warranty needed and still performs flawless. I keep both on 1x all the time while transporting or in safe. I use the 300BLK with Subsonic rds for hunting. The Hornady 190gr Subsonics expand great and are very lethal to 100yds.

There will be many that object to my findings and yours. Just a matter of time.

yes but if we refuse Chinese gear on rokslide, not gonna be as much to buy or talk about. Including this iPad I’m typing on. Oh and my phone, and bunch of my other stuff.

Seriously, like you, I wish it was all USA made. Someday…
There are some viable non Chinese options on the market. Can't really say that about the device I am typing on. For about half the price of that Chitex, I'd buy the Philippine made Bushnell AR 1-8x24. It's little brother dials as it is supposed to and does what it is supposed to at 100 yards with a bone stock, gritty triggered Ruger AR.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
There are some viable non Chinese options on the market. Can't really say that about the device I am typing on. For about half the price of that Chitex, I'd buy the Philippine made Bushnell AR 1-8x24. It's little brother dials as it is supposed to and does what it is supposed to at 100 yards with a bone stock, gritty triggered Ruger AR.
👍

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
@Jared Bloomgren uhhhhhhhhh did you Form 1 that little guy? 'cause you mention a brace in the body of the post but in the 3rd to last pic that sure don't look like a brace. I'm no fan of the arbitrary brace-vs-stock classification but it bears mentioning

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Jared Bloomgren uhhhhhhhhh did you Form 1 that little guy? 'cause you mention a brace in the body of the post but in the 3rd to last pic that sure don't look like a brace. I'm no fan of the arbitrary brace-vs-stock classification but it bears mentioning
Yes sir, thank you for noting the need for the Form 1. As with having a suppressor I didn’t feel the need to address it.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 Strike Eagle 1-6x24, the Bushnell looks good.
I am using the Votex scopes on an AR15 and an AR 10.

I was looking at getting on of these for a 45-70. I wonder if either could handle stout 400 grain loads?

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have 2 Strike Eagle 1-6x24, the Bushnell looks good.
I am using the Votex scopes on an AR15 and an AR 10.

I was looking at getting on of these for a 45-70. I wonder if either could handle stout 400 grain loads?
I would think so…only one way to find out!! VIP warranty if not!

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, great warranty but if it fails during the hunt you are screwed.
I am going to call Vortex tomorrow and see who much they tested this model for recoil.
I have an email out to Bushnell also.

mcseal2

WKR
I'm curious about trying one of these on a coyote calling rifle. I've had a few lower powered scopes from 1-4 to 1-6x and the reticle covers to much of a coyote at 200 yards plus for my taste. These have been standard scopes with a lighted dot in the center like a Trijicon 1-4x, Huskemaw 1-6x, etc.

I'm currently running a DPMS Prairie Panther with a 5-20x Huskemaw and a 45 degree mount with a Burris Fastfire 3 for close shots. It works pretty well for most of my hunting, but I'd like to set up a light 16" gun I have for back-up or when I just want to carry a lighter shorter rifle.

I see you planned to use this on prairie dogs and coyotes. How is the reticle working for that, and how much of say a 200 yard prairie dog does the center dot cover?

Thanks for the help.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm curious about trying one of these on a coyote calling rifle. I've had a few lower powered scopes from 1-4 to 1-6x and the reticle covers to much of a coyote at 200 yards plus for my taste. These have been standard scopes with a lighted dot in the center like a Trijicon 1-4x, Huskemaw 1-6x, etc.

I'm currently running a DPMS Prairie Panther with a 5-20x Huskemaw and a 45 degree mount with a Burris Fastfire 3 for close shots. It works pretty well for most of my hunting, but I'd like to set up a light 16" gun I have for back-up or when I just want to carry a lighter shorter rifle.

I see you planned to use this on prairie dogs and coyotes. How is the reticle working for that, and how much of say a 200 yard prairie dog does the center dot cover?

Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the message! I would say at 200 yards the center dot is less than half on a prairie dog. Maybe 1/4 the size. The scope has been working well for all varmints this far!