Vortex Razor vs. Maven C1 10x42

cck

FNG
I have a pair of Maven C1 10x42 binos, just recently saw a buddy selling vortex razor 10x42s for $550. Is the razor glass worth the upgrade over the C1 glass? He lives across the country so it just isn’t as simple as comparing them side by side with him and I don’t have a vortex dealer within a 100 miles of me.

I have a pair of Maven C1 10x42 binos, just recently saw a buddy selling vortex razor 10x42s for $550. Is the razor glass worth the upgrade over the C1 glass? He lives across the country so it just isn’t as simple as comparing them side by side with him and I don’t have a vortex dealer within a 100 miles of me.
No it is not worth the upgrade. I've owned both and the maven is a great bino.for the cost. Nothing against the razors but they are closer than one would imagine.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I'd buy them if I were you. $550 is a smoking deal for the Razor HD 10x42s. At least you won't lose money if you later decide to sell then unlike the Chinese Maven C series. The only Maven Binoculars I'm somewhat satisfied with are my B5s.

If you don't want to buy them plz send me that sellers info via PM so I can buy them. Even though I already have one of those incoming I actually like buying more than one of everything to check for sample variance.

Also send your mailing address and info I'd like to send you a ScoopX UHD 10x42 to check out if you're actually looking to upgrade from your Maven C1 to better glass and if you like em just send $90.00 that also covers shipping. I say upgrade from your C1 because they're noticeably clearer sharper with way more POP than my $600 (!!!) Japan made Maven B3 10x32s. For reference I've so far directly compared 5 different ScoopX UHDs to 3 different Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2s all were 10x42s and the ScoopX were clearer and easier to get behind. The CRONUS UHD Gen 2s are pieces of crap IMHO based on the THREE I bought I kept the one that was not as shitty but only still barely acceptable but still not as good as the ScoopX UHDs. They're also clearer than the pick of the litter lottery winning 10x50 Viper HDs I recently bought from a fellow optics snob who also owns Alpha tier glass. They're clearer than the Nikon Monarch M7 10x42 and just a hair shy of my Nikon Monarch HG 10x42 in clarity.

Thanks

Last edited: