WTB Vortex razor gen 1 spotter neoprene cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agross

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
As the title says, I recently picked up a razor gen 1 16-48x65. Would really like to pick up a neoprene cover for it. Looked online and contacted vortex with no luck. If anyone has one they don’t need, let me know. Thanks.

KineKilla

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you find one, buy two. I've been wanting one for a few seasons now and have had zero luck finding one.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Elkmagnet

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through this a while back looking for a cover for my Gen 1 85mm razor. I ended up putting a Gen 2 cover on it. It fits well had has served me well. Just an idea.........

OP
A

Agross

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
So that’s a gen 2 cover on a gen 1 spotter? Looks fine to me. Maybe I’ll try them again and see what somebody else at vortex says. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics

OP
A

Agross

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
First off, not saying yer wrong in any way and not trying to argue, but I just got off the phone with vortex and they said the second gen covers don’t have the hole on top, so they wouldn’t work.🤷🏻‍♂️ Basically what she told me is u have a gen 1 cover. After looking online I see a few second gen spotters with first gen covers. Maybe they they did that to get rid of them after they stopped making them. IDK. All I know is I would love to get one

Elkmagnet

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, not saying yer wrong in any way and not trying to argue, but I just got off the phone with vortex and they said the second gen covers don’t have the hole on top, so they wouldn’t work.🤷🏻‍♂️ Basically what she told me is u have a gen 1 cover. After looking online I see a few second gen spotters with first gen covers. Maybe they they did that to get rid of them after they stopped making them. IDK. All I know is I would love to get one

I hear what you are saying. I did get my cover direct from Vortex less than a year ago. I was told they would be sending a Gen 2 cover as they did not have any Gen 1's left and didn't anticipate producing any more. Sure hope you find a cover!

BinoDino

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they shipped some Gen2 scopes with Gen1 cases. Why did they change the design? God knows but I'm having a hard time to figure out how they expect their customers to fully adjust their Vortex without that opening

OP
A

Agross

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
When I emailed vortex she directed me to a website, can’t remember off the top of my head what is was, that made a knockoff. It was sloppy looking to me and I don’t remember if they even still had em. I don’t think so. Then when I called she said kings camo used to make em. I got on their website and couldn’t find em but at the bottom of the website they had a pic with one that was camo and looked great.🤬. I havent called them yet but I’m not holding my breath .

Last edited:

nobody

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Not sure who you spoke with at Vortex, but this is a Gen2 Viper Spotter. There's definitely a "hole" on top, it's the only way you could fully access the helical focus. I would call and request one and not mention you're putting it on a Gen 1 spotter and then find out for yourself. Even if you have to modify it a bit, at least you've got it!

Spotter.jpg

BinoDino

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure who you spoke with at Vortex, but this is a Gen2 Viper Spotter. There's definitely a "hole" on top, it's the only way you could fully access the helical focus. I would call and request one and not mention you're putting it on a Gen 1 spotter and then find out for yourself. Even if you have to modify it a bit, at least you've got it!

View attachment 521312
sir you have a weird cover..I'd call it gen 0.5 . The clasps are nothing what Elkmagnet has on his Gen2 scope with Gen1 cover, nothing like what I received on a similar Gen2 scope. Not sure what you have but your cover doesnt belong in this thread. Not all covers are equal and you cant transition it to a gen1 cover
I'm wondering if Viper is coming with different cover than Razor given they are identical size. It should not but Vortex is an odd company

Last edited:

nobody

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
sir you have a weird cover..I'd call it gen 0.5 . The clasps are nothing what Elkmagnet has on his Gen2 scope with Gen1 cover, nothing like what I received on a similar Gen2 scope. Not sure what you have but your cover doesnt belong in this thread. Not all covers are equal and you cant transition it to a gen1 cover
I'm wondering if Vortex is coming with different cover than Razor given they are identical size. It should not but Vortex is an odd company
Not quite following your grammar, but this is indeed a Gen2 VIPER cover. Just a data point. The scope and cover came in a box, wrapped in cellophane, directly from Vortex, in 2021. There's a chance the Viper and Razor use different covers, and there's also a chance they've changed them two or 3 times since I got mine. My post was only tied to saying there's a hole on top and bottom of the scope cover.

@Agross if you have questions or want more info, feel free to PM me.

OP
A

Agross

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0

View attachment 521312
I agree 100 percent and was thinking the same thing. Guess I’ll call again and try. She made it sound like the covers they have don’t have a hole on top and they’ve tried and it doesn’t work. 🤷‍♂️. But worth a shot at this point

Thanks for the replies

Poser

WKR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 2nd or 3rd Gen cover on my Gen 1 razor. I just noticed it a bit with a pocket knife and it works fine. A little scrunched up, but function is fine.

nobody

WKR
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I agree 100 percent and was thinking the same thing. Guess I’ll call again and try. She made it sound like the covers they have don’t have a hole on top and they’ve tried and it doesn’t work. 🤷‍♂️. But worth a shot at this point

Thanks for the replies
Good luck, let us know how it fits. I would seriously just call them and tell them you need one for your razor and not even tell them it's a Gen 1.

BinoDino

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2nd or 3rd Gen cover on my Gen 1 razor. I just noticed it a bit with a pocket knife and it works fine. A little scrunched up, but function is fine.
ohh there is a Gen 3 cover or was that a typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.