Vortex Razor 16-48

Kren

FNG
Hey Guys,
Looking for some opinions on this scope from guys that have used it in the field. Cabelas has a huge deal on these now, so wondering how they perform vs bigger names? I've been kicking around the idea of a scope for a while but honestly never really considered Vortex, but this deal has me wondering.... I have turned into more of a buy once cry once guy, but also never in a big hurry to give my money away. If you've used this in real world hunting scenarios i am curious your opinion, especially if you have experience with other scopes.

As always appreciate the insight.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
I’m planning to get that model, but in a straight body.

Everyone is going to tell you to buy a brand that is 3x the price. Don’t bother asking about Vortex on this forum.

If you’re not looking to pay a much higher price (or shopping used), Vortex is great.

That sale price is a steal. If it weren’t angled, I’d buy it right now.

Jbxl20

WKR
I have one, I like it. I picked it up last season on the same deal.
Use active junky for another 8% back

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I had one for a few years and thought it was a solid all-around spotter for the price (on sale). Only replaced it because I wanted something lighter weight for backpack hunting.

OP
Kren

Kren

FNG
Quick follow up, would you guys buy the 16-48x65 or 20-60x85MM? 85 is $100 more and about 20oz heavier. What would be better for western backpack hunting, less wweight and bulk, or more power?