Vortex Nomad

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I used to have one. It did not impress me. The Celestron Regal ED is a very good lower cost spotter.

ElkNut1

WKR
If you're looking for an affordable Spotter that will not break the bank & still see out to 2-3 miles it's not a bad one. For the price being around 300.00 it does pretty decent. I used the Nomad 20-60X60 for two years, I never felt under gunned with it on Elk, Deer & Antelope hunts, yes there are better spotters but this one is OK. Like any Spotter that gets into the 60X range objects can be obscured or shaded looking even on the best there is. The Nomad does well to 50X after that it's not worth turning up the magnification because of clarity loss.

I used this spotter sighting in my rifles, it was OK to 400yds to pick up bullet holes in cardboard or white paper but easier in the orange peel targets. After that distance picking up bullet holes became very difficult.

I used this spotter on a Deer hunt my son drew a couple years back & could easily pick out deer 2 miles away to size them up where 10X optics could only identify that deer were out there. One thing I did notice about it is the fact at distances over a mile the edges became shadowed like a telescope effect, you could still pick up objects of interest no problem but if you're real picky about edge to edge clarity this suffers there. I'd use it again as it isn't that bad. I've had it side by side to a 600.00 Leupold Spotter & it was a bit better that it, this was 4-5 years back. Anyway, hope this helps you out!

ElkNut1