Sold Vortex High Country tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Selling a Vortex High country tripod. Includes a Vortex head and several (I'll have to see how many I have) quick release plates for attaching optics, shooting forks, etc. It's a good and compact little tripod (weight 2 pounds), I just have accumulated too many and need to thin the herd. PM for any needed details.

Comes with Shooting Fork and three quick release plates for addition to bino adapters, forks, spotters, etc.

$80 for the set.
IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this compare to a BOG deathgrip? (Im aware its not a saddle). I mean weight and construction wise. My deathgrip is heavy

OP
Bull_n_heat
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How does this compare to a BOG deathgrip? (Im aware its not a saddle). I mean weight and construction wise. My deathgrip is heavy
It's much lighter, and perhaps because of that, just a bit less stable. However, switching between a spotting scope or binos and the shooting fork is waaaay faster. It's a very versatile setup - I've shot deer off the rest right after glassing them up. I would say this is more of a backpacker's tripod. If you are near the truck and don't have to carry it, the DeathGrip probably has it beat.

Haven't handled the death grip personally - what does it tip the scales at?

OP
Bull_n_heat
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Uffda - that's not going on many long walks! I'm sure the head on that one is much better than the ball head on this one, but this one definitely holds it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.