Vortex has no value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
MIJ optics are almost always a great value. Still, I don't like the business model they have constructed. Not good for the long term IMO and way too much waste.

When you think about the Vortex unlimited warranty and all the low end optics (their bread and butter) they sell, you have to wonder how this will affect the economy of their business in the long run. At some point consumers will likely bear some of the cost. I always wondered how this same principle would impact Leupold. It may have contributed to their current outsourcing. I am a dealer and routinely sell Leupold products, but primarily stay away from anything made after the mid 2000's. Their lifetime warranty contributes to a strong pre-owned market, but at some point they may stop repairing the old US made scopes and replace them with the current product line.

Last edited:

Aklint

FNG
I still see the value within their rangefinder line, due to the unconditional warranty, as all electronic rangefinders will fail at some point. Beyond that, any Vortex optic I have owned are now referenced in past tense.

SivvyB

FNG
Ive had hunts where my vortex viper pa went off zero in the mountains, missed too many

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I couldn't in good conscience sell any of the Vortex crap I had. All of it by the way. I gave it away. I found a spotter this last winter when cleaning out my reloading/hunting room that's been sitting there for probably 7 years.

LOL, some of the crap here kills me. Ive never once had an issue with Vortex warranties and service- I would put my UHD's on par with ANY bino's out there. Unlke my Zeiss "alpha" glass who told me to pound sand with an issue on my focus knob a few years ago- F' em. I know they build some in China but there service kills some of the others. Say what you will haters but I have to laugh when the rokslide hate starts rolling down hill.
I gotta get me Rokslide brands all fixed up, Tikka, Swaro's, ... which sleeping bag do I buy to be cool?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Funny how almost anybody who has owned anything Vortex knows how good their customer service is. It is good. I know after many, many times. You know why? I've had to use it on every damned thing I bought from them. All of it.

LoggerDan

WKR
After five years, I’m going to have to send a pair of field glasses in for fixing. But I’m in no way upset or mad about it, and I sure won’t trash a company that tries to put a bit of quality into anybodies hands that wants it. Five years of moose, deer and bear hunting. Thousands of miles in checked baggage. Riding around on the dash of a logging crummy.

Pdzoller

WKR
I’ve had several scopes that all lost zero. I still have the diamondback binoculars and razor spotter. Neither have had any issues. Would buy the binoculars again. Next spotter will be top of the line though.

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
LOL, some of the crap here kills me. Ive never once had an issue with Vortex warranties and service- I would put my UHD's on par with ANY bino's out there. Unlke my Zeiss "alpha" glass who told me to pound sand with an issue on my focus knob a few years ago- F' em. I know they build some in China but there service kills some of the others. Say what you will haters but I have to laugh when the rokslide hate starts rolling down hill.
I gotta get me Rokslide brands all fixed up, Tikka, Swaro's, ... which sleeping bag do I buy to be cool?
Preach it Swampcruiser!!

SivvyB

FNG
"hunts" meaning more than once? If any of my scopes ever lose zero on a hunt they will be removed from the rifle and from service.
Took me hunt #2 to figure that out, i was pretrt green by then about scopes.

My experience with vortex customer service was that it sucked.

Now that I’ve never heard anyone say.

Vortex makes budget optics (except possibly their Razor lines). They will all fail at some point. It’s up to you if it’s worth the hassle of replacing multiple optics.

Binos? Eh. Maybe.

Rifle scopes? Not a chance. It’s too much of a PITA to re zero them after you replace them multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JGRaider

WKR
Wow. Haven't seen this much whining and crying since my daughter's 6th grade slumber party. Don't like a certain product....fine...buy something else.

Beendare

WKR
Total bullshit thread.
Bunch of butt hurt hacks that wanted Zeiss and Swaro for the price of a much cheaper unit…then realized they aren’t that smart and take it out on the Company for their mistake.

Heres a hint to the OP, a cheap set of binos aren’t Zeiss- you made a bad decision.
ALL cheapie binos have no resale value- ALL.

FWIW, i spend a lot of time behind glass comparing many side by side in the field.
I just bought a set of 18x Vortex UHDs after comparing them side by side with some of the best glass in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.