Vivo forest tracker esc durability

Dobermann

WKR
Looking at that chart I misspoke. My foot measures right around 26cm so more like an 8. Does that mean I need a size 8, or are they saying their size 8 shoe measures 26cm total?
Don't just go off a chart with cm lengths - print out the tool where you draw the point of each big toe, and go with whichever size is bigger.

As many have mentioned here - and Vivo suggest too - if you're between sizes, size up.

It's pretty simple - just be sure to mark each foot, accurately. Follow their instructions closely and it should work.

Dobermann

WKR
Man, this site gets expensive quickly. The sizing discussion lead me to a question. I'm wondering about wearing these in cold weather and using thick socks. My feet get really cold, really fast even when being on the move. Will these hold up and give you then same benefits if you need to run a think sock in them? Do you guys have a few pairs in different sizes to accommodate?
I've not had problems wearing moderately thick socks.

ElPollo

WKR
Been wearing these about a week and like them. I think they can handle cactus as well as anything, but mesquite is a different critter altogether. After my hike this morning, I went to the local saddle shop and picked up some scrap oak tanned leather. I just cut out some replacement insoles from it and slapped them in there. I know some may say it defeats the purpose of barefoot shoes, but no one likes driving a 2.5-3” spine through the bottom of your shoe and into your foot. I kinda think these will handle that now. We will see. I did lose a little bit of toe box height though.

Attachments

• IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 50

ElPollo

WKR
And I like these enough that I just ordered a pair of the shorter Magna Forest ESCs with the same sole off the Revivo site.

ArmyAg97

FNG
Been wearing these about a week and like them. I think they can handle cactus as well as anything, but mesquite is a different critter altogether. After my hike this morning, I went to the local saddle shop and picked up some scrap oak tanned leather. I just cut out some replacement insoles from it and slapped them in there. I know some may say it defeats the purpose of barefoot shoes, but no one likes driving a 2.5-3” spine through the bottom of your shoe and into your foot. I kinda think these will handle that now. We will see. I did lose a little bit of toe box height though.
So did a thorn actually make it through the sole or are you just being proactive?

I’ve got a year and half on mine, 5-6 deer, 11 elk packed out, around 250’ish days in the mountains. Now I don’t yard the laces down tight, in fact they’re quite loose generally, but no issues with them.

View attachment 465731
still liking these boots? this will be my first hunting season, I wear minimalist shoes every day and wear altras to back pack in but feel like I need a tougher boot for offtrail stuff and this boot seems to be the best option. Would you recommend?

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
All the vivo’s I’ve bought several years ago are still in great shape and haven’t had any issue with the soles splitting. but have had complains on there recent products too.. like sole started to peal off from the leather. so just keep an opened mind.

Lawnboi

WKR
Next sale I’m going to grab another pair of magna fg or tracker fg. Little harder wearing sole for every day use. I’m on track to burn a tracker sole pretty quick, the fg for most of the time should be more than adequate.

Little more minimal but my feet are really getting used to them, any soreness is basically gone now.

2buffalo

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the same boat as you went zero show haven’t had an ankle issue since. I jumped straight in and did 7 miles in my zero shoes day one. Did my feet hurt no. Tired yes hurt no. They are my favorite shoes. They will make your ankles stronger at least that was my experience.
Which ones did you go with?

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks to all who have been contributing to this thread. I've been wearing barefoot shoes for over 10 years now for everything, but was convinced by friends and videos that I needed a stiff/heavy boot to hunt out west, so that's what I've been using. This long thread finally convinced me to pick up a pair of the trackers and give them a try. If they work, I'll need to figure out what I'm going to do with my brand new pair of Schnee's Beartooth's since I can no longer return.

Well I decided to get a pair of these. I've been hunting with Vibram 5 fingers for years but they don't hold up very well to my abuse. I believe these might be the ticket.

Anyone have an injinji code?

C Bow

WKR
I bought a pair of these and could not get them sent back fast enough. Cheapest pair of shoes I have ever had in my hands. There is no way they are waterproof and no way they could last 1 hunting season.

I bought a pair of these and could not get them sent back fast enough. Cheapest pair of shoes I have ever had in my hands. There is no way they are waterproof and no way they could last 1 hunting season.
wow, which model in particular? If the ones that the thread is primarily about, that’s not the experience that a load of us have had. I’m not ready to take them sheep hunting yet, but they are far more waterproof than any Gore Tex Crispi or Hanwag boot that I’ve been using for the last 6 years. I’ve taken my Forest Tracker ESC’s up and down thousands of feet of Chugach shale & scree and they look fantastic still, especially after a fresh leather treatment. Mine are going on close to a year now.

C Bow

WKR
Forest tracker esc I have to buy new pair of boots every year as I am very hard on boots. The boots they sent me would not last 6 months wearing to work. I understand everyone has different exp with boots I take very good care of my equipment and I am glad you are happy with yours.

Forest tracker esc I have to buy new pair of boots every year as I am very hard on boots. The boots they sent me would not last 6 months wearing to work. I understand everyone has different exp with boots I take very good care of my equipment and I am glad you are happy with yours.
Just saying you may have been surprised had you given them a try. The 100 day return period is awesome for that.