Vivo forest tracker esc durability

Alright question for you guys using these for longer weight bearing activity. Granted I'm a newer to full-on barefoot shoes (but have been wearing Altra Lone Peaks and Lems for a couple years) - but now that I'm starting to add 30-50 pounds to hikes with my Trackers and Primus, I'm getting some pain, mostly in the first joint of my big toe. Nothing crazy, but no super long hikes yet either, just 3-5 miles. Any tips here?

Other issue is sometimes I get this popping/flapping sound when I'm walking, like every step. Worse with one pair specifically (ordered black and brown, in a couple sizes.) Anyone else experienced this, does it go away? Am I just walking weird?

FZMT

FNG
For those experiencing leaking boots, my Forest ESCs were leaking at the leather/sole junction as others have observed, I emailed Vivo to let them know that the boots were great but a rand should be added due to that issue.

It took them 16 days to respond to me, but they did end up offering to exchange the pair I have with a new one despite having owned them for a year.

Vivo makes great products, and while the CS seems hit or miss I’ve only had positive experiences with them, albeit slow.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Alright question for you guys using these for longer weight bearing activity. Granted I'm a newer to full-on barefoot shoes (but have been wearing Altra Lone Peaks and Lems for a couple years) - but now that I'm starting to add 30-50 pounds to hikes with my Trackers and Primus, I'm getting some pain, mostly in the first joint of my big toe. Nothing crazy, but no super long hikes yet either, just 3-5 miles. Any tips here?

Yes- it’s going to take a while to build your feet up. Think multi year process to be fully switched over, not weeks or months. Add no more than 10% weight, or distance per week- not both; and I would actually state per every two weeks.

twall13

WKR
Yes- it’s going to take a while to build your feet up. Think multi year process to be fully switched over, not weeks or months. Add no more than 10% weight, or distance per week- not both; and I would actually state per every two weeks.
This is good advice, tough to follow in practice, but really what you should do to transition.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Well heck. I guess I'll slow my roll then. Am I right that keeping up with longer distances/heavier weights in other footwear is ok, in terms of not being counterproductive with building my feet up? Thanks for the advice.