Vista selling all its Ammo companies to foreign entities

gbflyer

WKR
Well there is at least one positive: no board of directors to stymie the decision making process.

Reactions: WCB

WCB

WKR
I don't have time.to check right now, but I'm pretty sure they announced a fracturing of vista into revelyst last week. There was suspicion that the entities not listed as belonging with the new conglomerate were being sold off.
This has been common knowledge for over a year that the company diverge into two separately traded companies. The ammo side (Federal, CCI/Speer, Remington, Hevi Shot) announced their name as "The Kinetic Group" in August. The rest of the brands announced their corporate name 2 weeks ago...so well after the ammo group.

For all those worried about moving manufacturing overseas that would be a huge undertaking and would as some mention open them up to issues with import export where by far the biggest market is the U.S. They own 70% of Fiocchi and are opening a new primer plant in Arkansas and the majority of their ammo sold in the U.S. is made in the U.S. in MO. Which in comparison to Federal or CCI/Speer is mere pittance.

Not that I like it but...where is the ownership of Tikka? Night Force? If you shoot shot shells besides Fed, Rem, Winchester most all the companies are using components that are coming from overseas companies (most have manufacturing in the U.S.) the list goes on.

Last edited:
It definitely sucks with stuff not being made in the usa but inflation,taxes,greed,corruption,wokism,weakness and political ignorance is taking its toll on this country.It’s sad and it’s going to get worse i think.
Everything one of us should at a minimum have enough ammo or reloading to at least last our own lifetime.It’s actually not that much but something we should invest in instead of another new hunting gadget.

WCB

WKR
Sounds not American based on my maps.
not sure what you mean. Night Force is a company owned by a larger corporation...Night Force is based out of the U.S.

Just like the ammo companies in question are based in their respective states but Vista headquarters are in Anoka MN. Would you not call CCI/Speer an Idaho company? Where do they operate out of and where is their base of operations....It aint in MN

not sure what you mean. Night Force is a company owned by a larger corporation...Night Force is based out of the U.S.

Just like the ammo companies in question are based in their respective states but Vista headquarters are in Anoka MN. Would you not call CCI/Speer an Idaho company? Where do they operate out of and where is their base of operations....It aint in MN
I worded it poorly.

I was circling back to the point you were making.

The whole thing seems like a bunch of hand wringing and worry about what ifs in a situation that's super normal and uneventful in a global economy.

I agree the general scenario is common, but moving ammo production to eastern Europe is probably a riskier supply chain than moving bubble gumf to the UK, or something like that.
Especially true when every few years the US is targeted by the UN for a global small arms treaty that fortunately, for now, no administration has signed us up for....

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Great. Just great.

I won’t mention here because it will open can of worms - but my fav hunting gear company “joined-up” last year with them.

Ugh

What’s that mean for them now !?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than Meateater, who they turned down selling to due to the direction they see Meateater going.

Lets just hope CSG maintains their USA divisions and nothing really changes. At least they are already in the ammunition game. Unfortunaltly this is the world we live in now where the big fish eat the small fish.

def90

WKR
Better off this way, Vista for years has been divesting itself of anything firearms related due to pressure from the anti's..

It began around the time of the Parkland shooting when REI dumped all of the brands that Vista carried because Vista also had brands that manufactured AR-15s. F Vista and F REI.

Back in 2018:

I can't pretend to know/understand all of the implications but I sure don't like it!
It sure doesn't look like this was thought through by our government and these people seem shady as shit!

Doesn't most of the powder come from foreign sources? And the primers too?

Maybe (not likely) overseas production of ammo will be cheaper than importing half the components. Quality will most likely suffer.