Victory RIP 250 spine

So Victory started making the plane jane RIPs in 250 spine and they're advertised as 9.3 GPI.. I bought a few to test out and compare and it looks like they're coming out at about 9.8 GPI
Maybe I just got a extra heavy batch of arrows??

I have no experience with those particular arrows, but I once got a batch of Black Eagle Vintages that were off by a similar amount (9.2 gpi advertised vs. 9.7 actual). It didn't really matter for what I was doing, just might be a bit trickier to weight match new arrows if I were to order more. Even though it didn't really matter, I was surprised (and a bit disappointed) in that loose of a gpi tolerance.

OP
D
Yeah it throws a small wrench in the works because I was trying to match them to my target arrows so I didn't have to change site tape.

I'm betting they are on the stiff side of the .250, not uncommon for shafts to be plus or minus, tho seems like you would be 15 or so grains heavy. Shafts get batch sorted, only company that I know of that you can try to get similar shafts as before is GT, they have a code on their dozen that are a weight code. Use to be when supply was good you could get another batch of the same if you had saved the code.

Might be others that do it, I know several that don't. Easton claims they have the extrusion process down to a degree that you get the exact same.....

Reactions: Zac
So Victory started making the plane jane RIPs in 250 spine and they're advertised as 9.3 GPI.. I bought a few to test out and compare and it looks like they're coming out at about 9.8 GPI
Maybe I just got a extra heavy batch of arrows??

Mine dozen came in at close to 10 gpi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk