Victory arrow issue with inserts staying in?

MT257

WKR
Is anyone else having issues on haveing HIT inserts staying in the shaft? I have IW inserts that I have used Easton 24 hour epoxy on. Installed inserts with HIT tool and let set for 24 hours. When screwing in FP with my hand I’ve popped everyone of them. Anyone else have any ideas of exposure/glue that will actually hold?

Never had an issue with hit epoxy in my rips. I used the Easton hits though. Did you rough up the inside and clean it before you epoxied them?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

You're not alone...

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Never had an issue with hit epoxy in my rips. I used the Easton hits though. Did you rough up the inside and clean it before you epoxied them?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
Yes I did.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Yes I had issues with the Easton epoxy. There is something about the RIP chemistry that it doesn't like no matter how well you prep the inside of the shaft. I switched to JB Weld 24 hour epoxy and they are solid.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
M

MT257

WKR
Yes I had issues with the Easton epoxy. There is something about the RIP chemistry that it doesn't like no matter how well you prep the inside of the shaft. I switched to JB Weld 24 hour epoxy and they are solid.

NC

I’ll give it a whirl. How did you best clean the inserts up that pulled out? Soak em in acetone?

jonboy

FNG
I still have shops use hotmelt glue when building my victory arrows. He told me he wouldn’t guarantee the inserts if he use that. I told him go ahead anyway. I’ve never had an issue in over two years with those shafts and I shoot a ton.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I’ll give it a whirl. How did you best clean the inserts up that pulled out? Soak em in acetone?
Yep. Soak in acetone for a few minutes and clean with a wire brush and/or rough cloth.

NC

nphunter

WKR
I’ve built 5 dozen RIP TKO’s with Easton HIT epoxy, I’ve used IW hits, Easton hits and brass hits and have had zero come out, even when hitting trees and digging the arrows out.

I prep with either the IW brush or a bore brush, clean the inside with a q-tip and either acetone or alcohol, keep switching q-tips until you get a clean one and that’s it, apply epoxy and let cure for a day or two.

I’ve built 300’s and 250’s with great luck. My old VAP’s had an issue a long time ago and it was because I didn’t clean the inside of the shaft well enough. After cleaning them and reinstalling the HIT’s they all worked great.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having issues on haveing HIT inserts staying in the shaft? I have IW inserts that I have used Easton 24 hour epoxy on. Installed inserts with HIT tool and let set for 24 hours. When screwing in FP with my hand I’ve popped everyone of them. Anyone else have any ideas of exposure/glue that will actually hold?
Yep. The IW inserts are bad at coming out. Ditched them and went with Easton brass. I use the IW insert tool with brush and scuff the inside of the shaft and swab with acetone to clean it. Then I do a turn on the insert with a piece of 200 grit sandpaper. Still couldn’t keep them in. The Easton HITS don’t budge. I’m using Goat Tuff insert glue.