Vail Colorado Trip Ideas

LedSled

FNG
I will be attending a wedding in Vail Colorado in early October. I'm flying in two days early and making a short vacation out of it. Anyone have any input on activities to do or places to visit during those two days? Hiking? or good fly-fishing guides that will provide gear? Restautant's? Any input is appreciated. I may even turn one day into an unplanned scouting trip if I can talk the wife into it. I will arrive in Vail about mid-day on Thursday, so I will have about 1.5 days of leisure time.

schmalzy

WKR
I will be attending a wedding in Vail Colorado in early October. I'm flying in two days early and making a short vacation out of it. Anyone have any input on activities to do or places to visit during those two days? Hiking? or good fly-fishing guides that will provide gear? Restautant's? Any input is appreciated. I may even turn one day into an unplanned scouting trip if I can talk the wife into it. I will arrive in Vail about mid-day on Thursday, so I will have about 1.5 days of leisure time.

Almost innumerable hiking options. Holy Cross close by and could be a solid option depending on weather.

Mountain Standard was pretty solid place to eat the last time I went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bayou0509

FNG
Classified Approved
I did a fair amount of sight seeing and driving around in a Jeep a few years ago. The drive up to Loveland Pass was worth the time IMO.