V3X 33 Draw cycle

JFo22

FNG
Just bought a new V3X 33 H mod (28" DL) 70lb 80% let off. I chose to get that based on bows I have owned in the past. To my surprise it was quite a bit "stiffer" of a draw cycle than I was expecting. My local shop is going to order H 60lb 85% let off for me and swap them for free. They won't be here until "after Christmas sometime". My question is, am I going to feel a big difference going from 70lb 80% to 60lb 85%? I mainly shoot local outdoor 3D stuff and hunt just a couple times a year. Thanks for any input, enjoying the forum.

TheTone

WKR
I’d guess it will be significant. Not sure on the let off part but I shot one the other day with 60# mods. To me it was a crazy smooth and easy draw

Interested in what more experienced folks say.

My guess is that the draw cycle will be similar but scaled to the lower draw weight and the lower letoff will have with less of a drop into valley and a shorter valley.

I have a v3x 33 with 29" 85% mods but only set to around 63#, it feels pretty smooth to me and I'm coming from smooth bows (bowtech reign 7 on comfort and PSE carbon air ECS). There is a little hump and dump into the valley but this feels less stiff than the prior matthews switchweight bows I tried out.

feanor

WKR
I felt like it was a bit stiff when I first started shooting it. But after I got used to it, it doesn’t really seem like much to me. The new mod might make a slim difference.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Why not just turn the bow down in poundage until you can pull it?
Shop didn't have extra switch weights when you were testing it?

OP
JFo22

JFo22

FNG
They didn't have a huge selection when I went to purchase. Don't have a lot to choose from around here.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Get it. Figured 28" would be more common, had to order 26.5" for myself to find out that's not a good length and moved to 27 . Ah well

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought a new V3X 33 H mod (28" DL) 70lb 80% let off. I chose to get that based on bows I have owned in the past. To my surprise it was quite a bit "stiffer" of a draw cycle than I was expecting. My local shop is going to order H 60lb 85% let off for me and swap them for free. They won't be here until "after Christmas sometime". My question is, am I going to feel a big difference going from 70lb 80% to 60lb 85%? I mainly shoot local outdoor 3D stuff and hunt just a couple times a year. Thanks for any input, enjoying the forum.
If you want a smoother cycle with less of a valley I think the 80% could be good! 85% might dump a bit more but not too much. Just something you could consider. I too felt my v3x 33 was stiff cycle when I switched from an Atlas. But I lowered it from 75 to 70 and have loved it and don’t notice it at all anymore. Cheers man!