UV Button

I've been trying to switch to a thumb release for a couple years now and always end up going back to my wrist release. I like the looks of this one but at the price point, is this thing good for average pleb archer or would I not benefit from the infinite adjustability and design without being advanced?

mortskee

FNG
I would try to get my hands on a couple different thumb releases if I was in the market. See which one felt the best. Ultraview offers plastic molded replicas of their releases so you can see if the fit is right for you before committing.

NGK808

FNG
Got my thumb button yesterday. Fit and finish is awesome. It has a fairly smooth texture with the slightest amount of grip to it. Hard to explain, but it's unlike any other release I've tried. Very crisp and solid cocking and trigger mechanism. Fits my hand really well. I didn't change the thumb peg position from factory. The stock barrel is just the right size for me, and the grooves give a very solid grip. Going to have a lot of fun shooting this the next couple weeks leading up to a local tournament.

So received it this morning and have nothing but good things to say about this release. The amount of customization is second to none. It does come "hot" out of the box but that was intended. I'm hitting dead on with both my hinge 2 and button. The only thing that took me a second to figure out was attaching it to the d-loop. You kind of have to use your thumb or index finger but after you do it a few times it's 2nd nature.
How does it compare to the N2It? I just switched to the N2It from an index release about 2 weeks ago

TheTone

WKR
So what is it about this release people are thinking may be better than others already on the market? I’ve been planning to buy either a Carter wise choice or chocolate addiction but may consider the UV now also

So what is it about this release people are thinking may be better than others already on the market? I’ve been planning to buy either a Carter wise choice or chocolate addiction but may consider the UV now also
I don't think that a lot of people are thinking that it's substantially better than the more venerable thumb releases on the market. I think the popularity comes from people who already have a hinge or hinge 2 and want a thumb for hunting.

I absolutely love the hinge and hinge 2. I can switch between a lot of releases and still have similar points if impact, so I already have a Tru-ball blade that I use for hunting, or I just hunt with a hinge. I will probably pick one of the these after the hunting season.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

wayoh22

WKR
How does it compare to the N2It? I just switched to the N2It from an index release about 2 weeks ago
It's different for sure. Nock-2-it is a 2 finger and the Button is a 3 finger. You can get them to fire the same but slight variance in impact. Love them both honestly

tmerk81

FNG
It's different for sure. Nock-2-it is a 2 finger and the Button is a 3 finger. You can get them to fire the same but slight variance in impact. Love them both honestly
This is where I am. UV hits slightly left of the N2I for me - what's the difference for you?

OP
E

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I returned mine. The neck is just too long on the UV releases for me to get a consistent anchor with my DL/face shape. It's a great release and very easy to draw with the hinge version. If they came out with a short neck it would be ideal for me.

Shooting an ascent/sigma now.

Tdawg21

FNG
If it’s as nice as the Hinge 2’s, it’ll be sweet.
In for the feedback.

-Dawg

Kade94

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates? How did it change your draw length? D loop? Anchor?

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
I’m loving mine!

The neck is a little on the long side, and I ended up changing SW mods to take ½” off DL, which ended up being a sweet spot for anchor points for me, so that ended up being a big win! Cocking mechanism is very similar to a Stan PerfeX, but the UV has far more adjustability in the trigger feel and position. Just as “crisp” as a Stan on the shot. String containment is spring loaded, and it’s a little awkward at first, but I think I might tape it down so it’s a hook at certain times. I think the most unique thing is the texture…almost like a frosted lightbulb texture? It’s tough to describe.

Huge fan overall. If you’re ok with taking ½” off DL (brings me to a manageable 31” DL) I think this is a definite winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk