Utah where corporate hunting reins supreme

This really is a black eye for the UDWR. It seems very odd that charges have not been filed.

I do not believe for a single second something isn’t up here.

CorbLand

WKR
You mean to tell me that one of the board members that was so adamatly against the baiting ban, is now caught up in a baiting investigation?

1717624383726.png

I once had a DA for a county in Utah ask me where all the elk went late season on a unit. I told him that he could find a good bull in XX canyon, but not to call me if he kills one in there because I wont help pack it out. His response was "well, after X teen number of points (I cant remember the exact number) he didnt care, he would just cut the head off and leave the rest."

Last edited:
OP
W

whatnot

FNG
I want to be fair, Alton is the heart of Utah apple country, the ban was a major killer killer5423436969075502875.jpg

What is very interesting about this case, is Wade Heaton is also a County Commissioner. It is very strange indeed that there is 60+ pages of evidence, yet no charges.

The articles also references “Utah County Prosecutors”, which is half a state away from Kane County on AZ border.

I truly try not to think our justice system is this big of a mess, that someone wouldn’t be allowed to skate free due to affiliations, but Utah sadly has track record of no charges, or bare minimum charges in other similar high profile cases.

Glad to see outdoor life picking up the story as well as Gohunt.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Took a change of the head of wildlife division to finally bring charges against wade lemon.

Possibly with the news story picked up and taken nationally but I'm still doubtful any charges are forthcoming.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
From the State with Mitt Romney....it doesn't surprise me.

Until we all get involved as hunters and start throwing our weight around....nothing will change.

Well, that is sure disheartening but not surprising.

Hopefully "right" prevails, but I lived in Utah long enough to know that political and religious connections (and their intertwining) trumps all.