Utah (Mule Deer) State of the Union 2014

My last scouting trip I saw about 12 does on the mountain side and only one had a fawn. Not good news. Heading out for a couple nights in a few hours. Hope this trip is more productive.

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
My last scouting trip I saw about 12 does on the mountain side and only one had a fawn. Not good news. Heading out for a couple nights in a few hours. Hope this trip is more productive.

Good luck on the next trip. I've seen a few more fawns than normal, but several more young bucks than I normally have seen. Antler growth seems a little better than normal from what I've seen the past several years.

amp713

WKR
I saw a ton of bucks last year and if thats actually true this year would be an awesome one to have a tag during.... Which i dont.....

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
I hope one day the whole state will have a b2d ratio of that of the Kamas. I can only dream of how cool that would be...

Paddle
That would be awesome but I bet tags would have to go from 80,000ish to under 40,000 statewide. I want to see bucks and big bucks as much as the next guy but not sure I'd survive with hunting every 5 to 10 years.

elkmule123

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen a lot a fawns this year as well. Most of the does I've seen have two fawns. There has been only a handful of does that I've seen that haven't had any fawns and most of them look like they could be yearlings.