Utah mt nebo info.

Thejet

WKR
Drew an archery elk tag in the Utah nebo unit at the Western hunt expo, not a lot of information out there about the unit. Already talked with the biologist from that unit and one person who drew the last a few years back but looking for any information anyone is willing to offer up. Not looking for a monster just wanting to get into elk and have fun. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I’m sure you already know, but there was a big fire in that unit last year. Might want to see if that’s producing feed elk are interested in. Other than that don’t know much about the unit for elk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, what a great community here at Rokslide. I am a new member and I am really impressed by the support folks are offering to others here. Good stuff y'all.

So I looked at Nebo this year and talked to the game warded of that unit - a really great guy and resource, Sean B.. He was saying that this coming Sept. elk hunt should be a great one. He mentioned the fire should be really helpful as a feed source. The area manager Jay T. may also be a great resource for you to talk to. Sean's recommendations were to use the Nebo Loop Road in the north and then get back into some remote stuff from there and you should have a great hunt. I have never been to this part of the state - just was passing along my research.

Hope you do well and keep us posted of the hunt.

@Thomas11 - did you kill? Any cool photos for us for that unit of scenery or a big 'ol elk?

-Will

Thomas11

WKR
Wow, what a great community here at Rokslide. I am a new member and I am really impressed by the support folks are offering to others here. Good stuff y'all.

So I looked at Nebo this year and talked to the game warded of that unit - a really great guy and resource, Sean B.. He was saying that this coming Sept. elk hunt should be a great one. He mentioned the fire should be really helpful as a feed source. The area manager Jay T. may also be a great resource for you to talk to. Sean's recommendations were to use the Nebo Loop Road in the north and then get back into some remote stuff from there and you should have a great hunt. I have never been to this part of the state - just was passing along my research.

Hope you do well and keep us posted of the hunt.

@Thomas11 - did you kill? Any cool photos for us for that unit of scenery or a big 'ol elk?

-Will
Yea I killed a nice bull opening day.

Attachments

• ABCFFFF1-B811-410C-84F5-1E4D0A04F4CF.jpeg
    ABCFFFF1-B811-410C-84F5-1E4D0A04F4CF.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 131
I drew dedicated hunter for Muleys in that unit, so I went ahead and bought the Spike OTC tag for that unit. Going out to scout/look around over the next two weeks. I'd be happy to share reports in return for any Muley tips or sightings!

OP
Thejet

Thejet

WKR
I drew dedicated hunter for Muleys in that unit, so I went ahead and bought the Spike OTC tag for that unit. Going out to scout/look around over the next two weeks. I'd be happy to share reports in return for any Muley tips or sightings!
Shoot me a call or text at 509-988-3535.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
I have a $1,000 Utah charge on my card. Fingers crossed its for this tag. Still only 1 non-resident tag a season for archery?

Looks like success rates have been climbing since the fire. Anyone hunt it 2020?

Thanks!

I have a $1,000 Utah charge on my card. Fingers crossed its for this tag. Still only 1 non-resident tag a season for archery?

Looks like success rates have been climbing since the fire. Anyone hunt it 2020?

Thanks!
Hey, how did your hunt go? I am headed to the nebo area this week for the late rifle hunt and just stumbled upon this thread.

BStrate

FNG
Shoot me a call or text at 509-988-3535.
Found this forum searching for some info Central Nebo Mountain bucks, I have a tag for October, you all still hunting the area? Figure it'd be worth reaching out