Utah flyfishing

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I’m headed to the TAC in Solitude next week. I would like to add a day or two of flyfishing if there is anything worthwhile in the area. I’m pretty experienced, so I don’t need a babysitter which seems to be most of what I can find. Ant good guide recs or decent wade streams I should check out? Thanks

I use to fish the Provo all the time in college. The middle section, between Jordanelle and Deer Creek was good back then and less crowded than the lower section in Provo Canyon. I would actually fish in the city areas after school and always caught a trout or two

Where are you coming from?

If you want a destination type trip the Green River below Flaming Gorge is famous. Would be worth a boat and guide for that one. But is way out there from SLC.

On the Provo you can match the hatch if you want dries. I could always catch one on a bead head pheasant tail with a split shot or two to bounce bottom. Browns would often strike a bright glo bug

JRDK2000

FNG
Feel like it would be a shame if you didn’t consider the high uintahs too. Not really rivers but the fly fishing in the alpine lakes is pretty amazing, especially if you can hike a few miles.

UpTop

WKR
I use to fish the Provo all the time in college. The middle section, between Jordanelle and Deer Creek was good back then . I would actually fish in the city areas after school and always caught a trout or two

I use to fish the Provo all the time in college. The middle section, between Jordanelle and Deer Creek was good back then and less crowded than the lower section in Provo Canyon. I would actually fish in the city areas after school and always caught a trout or two
In the city is actually really good! Just not as scenic but often less crowded.