Using D loop to carry Bow

I feel like it would bounce and swing a bunch if trying to walk around like that. Not to mention it may be a bit harder with your quiver on there. It looks like it would work well for holding the bow while standing and glassing. I feel like I am always looking for a good way to hold my bow for short periods of time without setting it on the ground. May be great for that. There is a deal the clamps on to the end of your cable guard and has a hook on it. I forget what its called but think it would be safer than d loop. While the d loop is strong enough to hold 70 pounds of weight.... that is straight back. Constantly pulling up or down could cause the loop to slip slightly or the serving to slip.... you likely wouldn't even notice it till your arrow sailed 2 feet high

Joe

Lukem

WKR
I agree with squeekie. No doubt a D loop is strong, but too critical a part of the bow to carry it by, too much potential for problems.

Eyedoc

FNG
I agree with squeekie. No doubt a D loop is strong, but too critical a part of the bow to carry it by, too much potential for problems.

I also agree. Once I get my bow tuned up perfect, I really don't want to increase the risk of problems. Cant recommend doing this.

I wouldn't do it but great if it works for you. I am too clumsy and fall often. When I fall my bow must be elevated and quick. Not possible if attached like that. I don't use a bow sling for the same reason.

Lukem

WKR
Yes I would agree except I run a nock with the dloop. If it was straight Dloop and no nock then yes. But thats exactly what this is for holding the bow for quick access. Its still going on the pack when Im hiking and such. Thanks for the feedback fellas. I agree.
IMO the nock doesn't make that much difference. Given enough pressure you can still slide a brass nock and besides it's all still attached to the serving, wiggle it enough and it'll separate. Do what you like, but know that there's a risk of messing up a shot.

dotman

WKR
I can see using it when taking a break/glassing etc but not while moving.

I agree with dotman. There are way too many ways to twist, move, slide, etc. the d-loop which all will affect your shot and where it hits.

OR Archer

WKR
I just throw my bow on top of my pack across my shoulders when its not in my hands. It sits there really well and I can access it without any issues. Keeps my hands free to glass.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be afraid of falling or hanging the bow on brush and derailing the string, or having my D-loop turn so my peep wasn't aligned when I went to shoot.

Hardstalk

WKR
Ive had dloops break in practice, and on a hunt.

Look at it like this. You draw back, you shoot. Total average time in practice spent with stress on dloop per shot would average 5-10 seconds.

Say you shoot 50 shots while practicing one day. Thats 500 seconds of dloop stress (max) My math gives me 8.3 minutes total.

So 10 minutes of that dloop riding like that equates to something like 100 shots on your dloop.

Just the way the hamster in my head thinks.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
And, just for arguments sake, the bow spends only a fraction of a second at full pressure as it crosses the hump. The holding weight is ~75% less. LOL.

I don't think you'll break your loop. Would just be afraid of breaking something else.

Also, I hate them horse reign type clips like you have. They tend to take some fiddling to get free, and to get hooked up. Could be hell in the heat of battle. I'd change that out for a simple dog collar type clip if it was me.

worx53

WKR
These work great!
bth_rock-itknotlessdloop_zps65d4ecce.jpg

rock-it knotless dloop-never seen one break or pull apart
hip bone bow carrier
bth_Hip20Bone20Package_zpsce180c86.jpg

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
ohh now your on to something Worx. Thanks. To bad I leave THursday hmm maybe I can find one around town.

worx53

WKR
I've put the hip bone on front of the stabilizer and also attached to the back of the cable guard. I like it on the cable guard better but be careful attaching it to the carbon fiber/ graphite style rods as it is easy to crack/split the rod. If you can make a flat spot on the rod and red Loctite it after cinching down the setscrew it will not split the rod. I've been using the rock-it since they came out and install one on every new bow day one and I've never replaced one on my own bow but somebody needed one out of my repair kit every year to replace those knotted pullout p.o.s. junk things everybodys using.

vcb

WKR
I just carry by the handle or stab. Would never risk moving my d loop. Also I never hold my bow by the string....seems uncomfortable. Carry by handle or stab on backcountry hikes